South Carolina High School Football

govols/cc

Byrnes clobbered Spartanburg last night 54-13 & have a rematch with Gaffney before a shot at their 12 state title & 9th in 11 years.

CE22245E-C08D-4056-9D17-3ABB892470DB-1365-0000007C4A17D107.jpg

909A7D70-0BE8-48FA-8BA8-A5592A3901D1-409-0000003B3D2111BE.jpg

91481AD3-9FE4-4AE7-B69D-DD6C03F9D8A1-1365-0000007D2B8906AF.jpg

What's the deal with GC? Heard they got screwed out of the playoffs.

From what I understand they're back in but it had something to with an ineligible player. Byrnes had to forfeit the Dorman win after a kid had dressed out but didn't play. It would have affected the seedlings but it was determined after playoffs had started & in reality worked out like it should. Too bad Dorman lost first round. We got a rematch with Gaffney this week before state.

From what I understand they're back in but it had something to with an ineligible player. Byrnes had to forfeit the Dorman win after a kid had dressed out but didn't play. It would have affected the seedlings but it was determined after playoffs had started & in reality worked out like it should. Too bad Dorman lost first round. We got a rematch with Gaffney this week before state.

Well, I saw where GC had their mercy hearing today, and it got denied, so they are out of the playoffs.

I drove through the parking lot when Byrnes/Dorman played on my way down to the UT/SC game. Wow. I thought Maryville/Alcoa was a big deal. That scene was incredible. Props.

Well, I saw where GC had their mercy hearing today, and it got denied, so they are out of the playoffs.

I drove through the parking lot when Byrnes/Dorman played on my way down to the UT/SC game. Wow. I thought Maryville/Alcoa was a big deal. That scene was incredible. Props.

Then they let them play Friday & win for nothing. I thought you lived in SC.

I saw where they granted mercy to Summerville a few years ago for a worse offense. That is bush league if true.

I can't exactly remember but the way they run things overall is bush league. Kinda surprised they didn't do more to Byrnes for their infraction. The state championship games are much more enjoyable at Clemson than USCjr & free for the league but they insist on doing it in Columbia.

I can't exactly remember but the way they run things overall is bush league. Kinda surprised they didn't do more to Byrnes for their infraction. The state championship games are much more enjoyable at Clemson than USCjr & free for the league but they insist on doing it in Columbia.

Do they favor SC rather than Clemson? That's what it sounds like.

Do they favor SC rather than Clemson? That's what it sounds like.

Apparently it's a central location but the argument has been made that they should alternate to make recruiting fair. Also Clemson allows free use of the stadium & parking is much better.

Apparently it's a central location but the argument has been made that they should alternate to make recruiting fair. Also Clemson allows free use of the stadium & parking is much better.

I can understand the central location argument, but it creates an unfair (although appreciated :) ) recruiting advantage for SC. It would make more sense to at least alternate back and forth.

VN Store

Back