2606 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Friendship Christian moving to Division II in 2013 Page 2. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. Originally Posted by orangesox I guess they figure that if you drive through South Pittsburg and still want to go ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee High School Sports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
can't spell/dosen't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesox View Post
I guess they figure that if you drive through South Pittsburg and still want to go to school there, that's your problem.
Fair enough.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeslice13 View Post
People who choose to make sacrifices and send their kids to private schools might choose the one that has a good football program. Thats not recruiting, that's the same as choosing to go to an open enrollment public school for the same reason.

I personally would like to see fewer divisions right now we have 8 state champions. That's crazy. Should be 5 max IMO. 2 private offering scolly and 3 public/private non scolly.
I agree with the latter part of your post....i also think private schools should have their own division... i have no problem with parents putting their kids in private school especially after what the world saw friday. My point was just to say public schools should not have to compete with private schools. I think private school s recruit no matter what anyone says....to many example s in my short life to show for it..at least in west tn that is.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
can't spell/dosen't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLCENTS1985 View Post
I agree with the latter part of your post....i also think private schools should have their own division... i have no problem with parents putting their kids in private school especially after what the world saw friday. My point was just to say public schools should not have to compete with private schools. I think private school s recruit no matter what anyone says....to many example s in my short life to show for it..at least in west tn that is.

I'd have no problem with it if there were enough private schools playing football. In Chattanooga there would be 5 total small-mid size schools to compete with. 2 more if you add Baylor and McCallie. (4x students and offering financial aid to athletes)
The rest are over 2hrs away.
Reply With Quote TOP