How can Tenessee hs improve programs????

VolWarrior44

How can we get more better ahletes and better Tn hs sports teams? We could be great like tx fl ca. Need more kids

The concentration of your better athletes are in West Tennessee in particularly Memphis.

Increased population. Get rid of the good ol boy history of TN players and coaches and go to nut cutting programs like our neighbors all around us do. Stop taking the players to DQ after getting beat and expect more out of the players that are in this state. The top programs in this state don't care who you are. They care about whether or not you produce or not. If you do, you play. If you don't, then you get cut. No hard feelings. Nothing personal. Just business. TN is full of good ol boy players and coaches. Not all of them but a lot of them.

Reactions: 2 people
Increased population. Get rid of the good ol boy history of TN players and coaches and go to nut cutting programs like our neighbors all around us do. Stop taking the players to DQ after getting beat and expect more out of the players that are in this state. The top programs in this state don't care who you are. They care about whether or not you produce or not. If you do, you play. If you don't, then you get cut. No hard feelings. Nothing personal. Just business. TN is full of good ol boy players and coaches. Not all of them but a lot of them.

There's no good ole boy system when it comes to football. If you're upset because you were always picked last in dodgeball, and never got to start on the football team, it's probably because you sucked.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone of you are smart enough to realize that the OP named the 3 most populated states in America, and then asked why we don't produce as much talent as they do, correct?

last I checked tennessee does produce good talent. they just go out of state, for whatever reason.

The state's talent is underrated. The population argument is a loser. If that was the case please explain why our neighboring states of Alabama and Mississippi produce more top talent every year.

Folks - it involves the emphasis and orientation of the kids to the sport at an earlier an age. The major states start younger with organized leagues throughout their states - not just in a couple of cities/areas. Most all of them have state sanctioned middle school programs in every school that can field a team. The S&C programs start quicker and by the time they are in HS they are well on their way to meeting their full potential.

Huh??????????????:crazy:

The state's talent is underrated. The population argument is a loser. If that was the case please explain why our neighboring states of Alabama and Mississippi produce more top talent every year.

Folks - it involves the emphasis and orientation of the kids to the sport at an earlier an age. The major states start younger with organized leagues throughout their states - not just in a couple of cities/areas. Most all of them have state sanctioned middle school programs in every school that can field a team. The S&C programs start quicker and by the time they are in HS they are well on their way to meeting their full potential.

Mississippi and Alabama don't put out much talent...not saying that they don't put out more than Tennessee but overall they're not one of the top states that produces

But I agree with you to a certain extent....I think it's a mixture of population and emphasis on football

Examples being Tennessee and New York...emphasis is there with Tennessee but not the population...population is there with New York but not the emphasis

Georgia, Florida, Texas and California produces the best and most elite talent in the country. Ohio and Pennsylvania too but most of those kids stay up north. Tennessee is pretty much on par with all other states imo. They will never come close to the 6 states I mentioned jmo.

Georgia, Florida, Texas and California produces the best and most elite talent in the country. Ohio and Pennsylvania too but most of those kids stay up north. Tennessee is pretty much on par with all other states imo. They will never come close to the 6 states I mentioned jmo.

I would agree....after those six there's not much of a difference between the others

last I checked tennessee does produce good talent. they just go out of state, for whatever reason.

I have always heard this argument but never bought into it. The problem is the distance from Knoxville to West TN.

Are there UT fans in West TN? Sure there are--and a lot of them, but the demographic is far and away more diverse, as far as their school allegiances. I would barely put UT in the top three in Memphis, with Ole Miss and Memphis U vying for seniority and UT in a close third but then you have Arkansas, Mississippi State, and now Alabubba (apparently) competing for the talent.

Point being, Memphis is the spot in West TN where most of the talent comes out of and most kids there don't grow up worshiping at the throne of the orange and white. If anything, most of them only know UT as being an average to mediocre SEC team (which is sad).

I have family that lives in Memphis and unfortunately they hate Tennessee. Like one of the posters said, that area is closer to Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and Arkansas than they are to UT.

Florida, Texas, and California are notorious for their state wide high school programs. Those are all excellent geographic locations with heavy population throughout. Tennessee will never be on the level that those 3 states are on especially, but I feel that Tennessee is on par with the rest of the nation. Talent comes and goes in cycles everywhere.

Tssaa is a big part of the problem. Stupid restrictions that won't allow coaches to work little Johnny too hard. We need better coaches but they have no incentive to come here. Places like D1 will help for the kids that are dedicated and can afford it.

Reactions: 2 people
Tssaa is a big part of the problem. Stupid restrictions that won't allow coaches to work little Johnny too hard. We need better coaches but they have no incentive to come here. Places like D1 will help for the kids that are dedicated and can afford it.

Key words there....

TSSAA restrictions are on par with most other states, and less restrictive in a lot of cases.

The average state in America is 12.6% African American

Tennessee is 16.7% and their football talent is slightly above average when you look at all states

when you look at states that produce higher rates of football players than their population should allow you will see far higher concentrations of African Americans

Mississippi - 37%
Alabama - 26.2%
Louisiana - 32%
South Carolina - 27.9%
Georgia - 30.5%

it is not rocket science

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The average state in America is 12.6% African American

Tennessee is 16.7% and their football talent is slightly above average when you look at all states

when you look at states that produce higher rates of football players than their population should allow you will see far higher concentrations of African Americans

Mississippi - 37%
Alabama - 26.2%
Louisiana - 32%
South Carolina - 27.9%
Georgia - 30.5%

it is not rocket science

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This! Along with population though. The OP named the three most populated states in our nation (Texas, California, and Florida) then asked we don't produce as much talent as they do.

VN Store

Back