699 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How can Tenessee hs improve programs???? Page 4. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. Originally Posted by Vol8188 TSSAA restrictions are on par with most other states, and less restrictive in a lot of ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee High School Sports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
I put sexy in dyslexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8188 View Post
TSSAA restrictions are on par with most other states, and less restrictive in a lot of cases.
Actually it's on par with the ****tier states....not with Texas, Cali, Georgia, Florida, PA, or Ohio.

I just got done reading the restrictions on Football, and I almost puked at the thought that the weight lifting program could only be generic and couldn't focus on the things that Football needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetEmVols View Post
Broncos already have Jesus. Why do they need God?

Last edited by jwp1223; 08-17-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols4us View Post
The state's talent is underrated. The population argument is a loser. If that was the case please explain why our neighboring states of Alabama and Mississippi produce more top talent every year.

Folks - it involves the emphasis and orientation of the kids to the sport at an earlier an age. The major states start younger with organized leagues throughout their states - not just in a couple of cities/areas. Most all of them have state sanctioned middle school programs in every school that can field a team. The S&C programs start quicker and by the time they are in HS they are well on their way to meeting their full potential.
WOW. Finally someone on this site hits a nail on the head. every word absolutely true
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #48 (permalink)

when i was in school in mid to late 80,s i played a few games of football enough to have sone small schools looking hard at me but we had less than 35 players and most of them sucked so i quit to focas on basketball.and i got a bunch of my friends to play a game against the school football team and we won by 30.i ran for 348 yards and on defense i had 16 tackles 4 sacks.my point is if you could get all the good athletes to play football the talent poole would probally triple atleast.i was built to play football but i dreamed basketball and our basketball team of 14 players only myself and 4 others would have been on the team if some others would have wanted to play.and i know it has got to be similiar in all other rural areas in yje state.and also like other posters said spend some money on coaches instead of having the drivers ed teacher being the head coach and the civics teacher who never played football as the only assistant.there were several players in my class who was good enough to play high d1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #49 (permalink)

I've spent some time around some of the high school programs in the South Bay area of Los Angeles ( El Segundo, Mira Costa, Gardena, Hawthorne, Long Beach Poly, San Pedro, Narbonne, & others) over 10 years after having children go through private high school in middle TN playing sports. Some of you hit on it partly as it is a lot about population, but again how does Louisiana, Mississippi, and Bama produce players if that was it? That's not the whole story obviously. One thing a previous poster wrote rang true for me and it was about the middle school feeder programs. The more successful SoCal sports programs really took their lower school feeder programs very seriously. But one of the biggest things I noticed about SoCal coaches vs those of TN concerned just pure old solid professionalism. Most of the guys I knew or hung around that coached high school football in SoCal reminded me a lot of Carlton Flatt in the way they prepared their teams. Most of those guys would be solid college coaches IMO. Just a whole lot of professionalism. TN has a few good coaches and staffs these days, but if the state had a bunch of very good coaches & staffs competing, then you'd see the overall level of the state improve IMO. Lots of teachers are coaching, but few coaches are teaching inm TN. Most often in TN high schools the coaches are reliant on the ability of their few kids being better athletes than what is on the other side of the field. In SoCal a lot of those coaches can take yours and beat his or keep his and beats yours unless you're up to snuff ... just sayin'
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
RIP RichRollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarglevol View Post
Mississippi and Alabama don't put out much talent...not saying that they don't put out more than Tennessee but overall they're not one of the top states that produces

But I agree with you to a certain extent....I think it's a mixture of population and emphasis on football

Examples being Tennessee and New York...emphasis is there with Tennessee but not the population...population is there with New York but not the emphasis
Totally wrong. Alabama and Mississippi are right there in the top 6 behind Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #51 (permalink)
RIP RichRollin

Prattville is a 6A school in a small town meaning the only public HS. The head coach works with pee wee and junior high coaches to implement his system early so when they get to HS it's second nature. The key is transparency from youth to HS. When the kids get to HS they know the system and nothing is new...and they execute very well because of this.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Groovy.

hire better coaches at the high school level...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #53 (permalink)

Improve the coaching and faculties in the cesspool known as Memphis
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaVOL View Post
Rumors are just mouth diarrhea
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
revolUTion in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaVOL View Post
Improve the coaching and faculties in the cesspool known as Memphis
We have a winner!

The coaching is good in most places, but not in the places where the talent is.

For one, the better coaches don't want to deal with the problems that come along with coaching at an inner city school (lack of funding being the biggest problem).
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #55 (permalink)

Clone Quarles lol!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Vol for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakridgevolfan View Post
Clone Quarles lol!
That would definitely help