Alcoa v. Maryville 2012 draws interest from ESPN

I'm stoked!...........................NOT! Too bad but I think Coach Rankin has retired from Alcoa.

I'm stoked!...........................NOT! Too bad but I think Coach Rankin has retired from Alcoa.

I knew you would love it, being the Maryville fan that you are. :)

Seriously, though, good exposure for TN high school football.

Do you have info on CGR?

Is this the game that local churches are acting ignorant over because it would be played on a Sunday? or do I have my games mixed up.

nah they have been playing on thursday lately. espn high school game wouldn't be on sunday. Atleast I wouldnt think so.

The game this year wont have the same luster as games in years past. I say Maryville wins because they still have Shawn Prevo. Not really a good enough matchup to be on espn IMO.

The game this year wont have the same luster as games in years past. I say Maryville wins because they still have Shawn Prevo. Not really a good enough matchup to be on espn IMO.

I agree...better match up 2 or 3 years ago, but I will still watch.

It won't be as great, but it will still draw great interest from locals.

Oh forsure, it will be a great game. But back when Cobb was QB and Shiverdecker was RB for alcoa. Maryville had Aaron Douglass, Brent Burnette, etc. Now that game was espn worthy. 3 point game i think.

I agree that ESPN came in to late. Both teams have lost major talent!

Definitely. People in Texas, California, and Florida will be thinking they're watching a good middle school game. IRC last year Alcoa couldn't even throw the ball last year lol. It's good for those kids though.

Definitely. People in Texas, California, and Florida will be thinking they're watching a good middle school game. IRC last year Alcoa couldn't even throw the ball last year lol. It's good for those kids though.

Alcoa's passing game was dreadful last year. I'm not sure how it will be this season. I expect Maryville to win this year.

The game is drawing near. Any predictions? Both teams looked pretty ho-hum last week. Maryville looks better, imo, but Alcoa could win.

I'm thinking MHS by 10. Just my gut. More excited that TN high school football is being recognized. May not be the best year for either team, but these decisions are based on tradition rather than current standing.

VN Store

Back