952 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Coach Lowe resigns from Powell Page 3. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. Also heard the coach was a tool. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee High School Sports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #31 (permalink)

Also heard the coach was a tool.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #32 (permalink)

As a Central alum id like to chime in. Lowe was a good coach, but lets understand somthing. Powell, until these last two years, has never been a powerhouse in football in this area. I think they had a great class that worked hard and got them to state. He left to spend time wit family but also knew what he just lost. heres an idea, next year after Central's coaches get the Boot, We hire Lowe? just a thought
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBeLITE View Post
Lol you keep telling yourself that...
LOL, Yea and I'm talking to a 25 yr old? Your brain isn't even fully developed yet! still very self-absorbed! 4 red zone TO and a TD called back? Its commom sense. But I'm not arguing anymore with a kid, I feel like an idiot now!

Last edited by 235lbVol; 02-11-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 235lbVol View Post
No, in 2010, they were #1 when they kicked off Mobley. This yr they finishes #2 behind Henry Cty, (17-14) but the better team didn't win, Powell had (4) red zone turnovers and 1 bogus touchdown called back due to the mysterious holding call! Powell was better team!
HC also turned the ball over 3 times and failed to score on one of its redzone trips. Also, if you go back and watch the game and freeze frame that phantom "touchdown" you guys scored, you can clearly see McPhetridge's knee was down well short of the goal line. Henry County won because they wanted it more and made the plays when it mattered. On paper, the teams were about as evenly matched as you can be. Powell had the best player, but they weren't the better team. Anyone who says otherwise is butthurt.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Why are we arguing over who the better team was. It was a well played game overall. But here's a fact for all you Powell fans. If you think this Powell team is better than The team we had when i was at Central, your insane(04-05). David Gaston would burn Mobley any day of the week and Mcphetridge was no Zach Helton. We also had R. Longworth, AJ Nance, Lones Seiber, Orlando Blair, ETC. Powell had a good 2 year run but now its time for Central to rise up again. It mite not happen this year, But in two years, THE BOBCATS WILL BE BACK! Cant wait to beat Powell like we used to all the time
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO69 View Post
Why are we arguing over who the better team was. It was a well played game overall. But here's a fact for all you Powell fans. If you think this Powell team is better than The team we had when i was at Central, your insane(04-05). David Gaston would burn Mobley any day of the week and Mcphetridge was no Zach Helton. We also had R. Longworth, AJ Nance, Lones Seiber, Orlando Blair, ETC. Powell had a good 2 year run but now its time for Central to rise up again. It mite not happen this year, But in two years, THE BOBCATS WILL BE BACK! Cant wait to beat Powell like we used to all the time
I played against that Central team, but in my opinion they were a better team the year prior when Cason was there. He was a more complete back than Day Day, and Terrence Scott was one of the nastiest wide receivers I saw in a four year span. That being said, apparently this Powell team was real good, and that's hard for me to say, as I was on the Halls squad that lost to them 6-7 in 06 on a missed extra point with something like 40 seconds left. That was a rough loss.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
No, in 2010, they were #1 when they kicked off Mobley. This yr they finishes #2 behind Henry Cty, (17-14) but the better team didn't win, Powell had (4) red zone turnovers and 1 bogus touchdown called back due to the mysterious holding call! Powell was better team!
Bite your tongue!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #38 (permalink)

I agree that that team was maybe better, but it dont really matter. Either one of those teams would wipe the floor with any team in that district last year. Going to Central games back then was like going to small college games. But like I said previous, the Cats are on the rise again. We got an incomming Freshman class that is the best in years. In two years, we should be around 6-7 wins and when these kids are Seniors, i EXPECT 10 wins and a DEEP playoff run.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepridenation View Post
HC also turned the ball over 3 times and failed to score on one of its redzone trips. Also, if you go back and watch the game and freeze frame that phantom "touchdown" you guys scored, you can clearly see McPhetridge's knee was down well short of the goal line. Henry County won because they wanted it more and made the plays when it mattered. On paper, the teams were about as evenly matched as you can be. Powell had the best
player, but they weren't the better team.
Anyone who says otherwise is
butthurt.
Mobleys 1-yd TD that was called back, not McPhertridges. Hell, that's two then. But Mobleys was called back and the next play the center snapped it over the QB's head and HC recovered. Talk about everything working out perfect! And " NO" HC was not the better, they never lead til 2 minutes left. Your a West TN homer, this is apparent! And Central in 06? Really? No Central team has been eqaul to that Powell team. Maybe the Central teams with Helton back in The 90's, those were BA teams. But I can see now with what I'm dealing with, get back to your X-Box and pizza.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

This kind of statement shows how stupid Powell fans are. Fact is that you dont want to admit That Central has beat powell's ass for years and just recently powell got good. There's no chance that this powell team could beat the 04-05 Central team that had Cassen Jackson(Vandy) and Terrance Scott(Oregon), Zack Helton, Nance, Longworth, Josh Owens, Sean Adkins, KENNY CRUZE. Mobely would get knocked out of the game in the First qtr. FACT!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO69 View Post
This kind of statement shows how stupid Powell fans are. Fact is that you dont want to admit That Central has beat powell's ass for years and just recently powell got good. There's no chance that this powell team could beat the 04-05 Central team that had Cassen Jackson(Vandy) and Terrance Scott(Oregon), Zack Helton, Nance, Longworth, Josh Owens, Sean Adkins, KENNY CRUZE. Mobely would get knocked
out of the game in the First qtr.
FACT!
Your an idiot kid, you must of been in school at that time or something? I'd say if you ask most people, they'd say this Powell squad is one of the best to come from this area in a long time. 26-2 the last two years. Nobody even remembers the 04 Central team except you little homers. Go ahead and live in your little world. Central. Lol... How bad did Powell whip Central "again" year? Centrals old, nasty,gangland, hood-rats. Powell is the new area, large developments,nice big home subdivisions, a mini West Knoxville w/o the west Knox prick attitude. Things ain't changing anytime soon!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #42 (permalink)

I think you're over valuing Powell a bit
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

HAHAHAHAHA. Powell, when I hear that name I think...... sucky football teams, big homes? Probably not, uhhh Bunch of crybaby, stuck-ups who wish they were ever as good as Central at anything. Oh and just cause you were 26-2 against terrible competition dont mean ****. Get ready for an ass beating when we come down to "the new West Knoxville". Oh and guy, you used LOL, thats real manly!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #44 (permalink)
Belee dat

Quote:
Mobleys 1-yd TD that was called back, not McPhertridges. Hell, that's two then. But Mobleys was called back and the next play the center snapped it over the QB's head and HC recovered. Talk about everything working out perfect! And " NO" HC was not the better, they never lead til 2 minutes left. Your a West TN homer, this is apparent! And Central in 06? Really? No Central team has been eqaul to that Powell team. Maybe the Central teams with Helton back in The 90's, those were BA teams. But I can see now with what I'm dealing with, get back to your X-Box and pizza.
The TSSAA recognizes HC as the better team. That's really all that matters.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
Vol for Life

I don't think anyone has denied the fact that Powell became a top caliber team the last few years. However, it is awfully presumptious to say that any team from previous years would beat the Powell team and knock Mobley out in the first quarter. Maybe, but maybe not. Who knows. Talent doesn't always win games. Coaching, match ups, the way the ball bounces etc. It is a stupid argument to say Central would have "wipe the floor" with any team in the district.

Now, if you hate Powell and want to just argue that is fine. But it doesn't matter what happened in '04/'05. This is a discussion about now. Same for the Vols, we could say the 08 team would have killed Kentucky. But you know what, Kentucky has the bragging rights this year.

Having said all of this, I don't know what is going to happen with Powell. They lost a ton of talent from last year's squad and they will have a new head coach. They have a lot of talent returning - but they WILL NOT be near the team they were last year. Central has a long way to go to catch up to Powell based on what I saw this year.