Heritage hires ex-Maryville coach Tim Hammontree

Now, that is weird. I played for Coach Hammontree at MHS. Gonna be odd seeing him on the other sideline

Everyone gives George Quarles the credit but Hammontree got the ball rolling. Problem is Heritage is so rural it won't be able to recruit the same players that Maryville can to the city. I.E. I live in Jeff County and went to the first game when Heritage came to Jefferson county and they only had one black kid. He made the only big play of the game for them. I felt sorry for the kid.

Last edited:
everyone gives george quarles the credit but hammontree got the ball rolling. Problem is heritage is so rural it won't be able to recruit the same players that maryville can to the city. I.e. I live in jeff county and went to the first game when heritage came to jefferson county and they only had one black kid. He made the only big play of the game for them. I felt sorry for the kid.

smh

Everyone gives George Quarles the credit but Hammontree got the ball rolling. Problem is Heritage is so rural it won't be able to recruit the same players that Maryville can to the city. I.E. I live in Jeff County and went to the first game when Heritage came to Jefferson county and they only had one black kid. He made the only big play of the game for them. I felt sorry for the kid.

Racist as hell, imo

Reactions: 1 person

weirdlook.gif

Racist, and completely based in fantasy.

Also not true. Was on Heritage sideline for the MHS game, and there was far more than one minority player. Just so happens that they weren't in the game. Equating color to talent is just ignorant.

to say teams that trot all white kids out on the field are generally inferior is not racist. It is truth. Folks want so bad to disagree but coaches have learned. Shouldnt the fans?

to say teams that trot all white kids out on the field are generally inferior is not racist. It is truth. Folks want so bad to disagree but coaches have learned. Shouldnt the fans?

I don’t like to get involved in racial conversations, but most of the best high school teams in Tennessee are predominately white. That is just the facts.

I don’t like to get involved in racial conversations, but most of the best high school teams in Tennessee are predominately white. That is just the facts.

And what is the major colleges stance on talent in the state WEAK!!! Maryvilles Prevo is the best player on that team. Robinette is good but anyone in that situation would succeed. Maryville has alot of big white linemen. We are obviously talking about different things here. Skill positions are predominantly not white because, black dudes legs move more agile fast and jump higher. Maryville is a good team as a whole but how many of their individuals have succeeded at a high level compared to those Memphis teams. One SKILL position player from one of those inner city schools is more than Maryville has EVER produced. AArron Douglas was great but again played line in college.

And what is the major colleges stance on talent in the state WEAK!!! Maryvilles Prevo is the best player on that team. Robinette is good but anyone in that situation would succeed. Maryville has alot of big white linemen. We are obviously talking about different things here. Skill positions are predominantly not white because, black dudes legs move more agile fast and jump higher. Maryville is a good team as a whole but how many of their individuals have succeeded at a high level compared to those Memphis teams. One SKILL position player from one of those inner city schools is more than Maryville has EVER produced. AArron Douglas was great but again played line in college.

You weren’t talking about college before, you basically said that Heritage couldn’t have success because they had too many white players. That is clearly not the case. Most of the best high school teams around here don’t have that many black players, yet they tend to mercy rule the inner city teams that have all black players. The facts don't back you up on your original statement.

Black players are obviously in high demand at the college level. No one will dispute that. But, that had nothing to do with your original statement, because the topic was about TN high school football.

Black? Wow.

Not sure is serious. You trolling?

VN Store

Back