TSSAA Playoff Brackets Released

Tux

TSSAA Football Playoff Brackets Released

In 6A Maryville and Riverdale will potentially face one another in the semi-finals. White Haven and Mt. Juliet will potentially play one another in the semi-finals on the other side of the 6A bracket.

In 5A Gallatin and Henry County could face off in the semi-finals. While on the other side Powell and Columbia could do the same.

Go Hickman County! Beat the Yellow Jackets!............

Cause we never did while I played there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet, GO MT. JULIET!!! Best team we've ever had. Definitely fundamentally sound and strong. Gonna be a good playoff series. Thanks for the link!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Probable Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sevier County rematch in the second round. Should be fun to watch.

Go Smith County! Follow up on the first undefeated team in school history with a deep run in the tournament!

DB plays in that weak-ass region. Didn't McMinn County beat them a few years ago when they were ranked first in the state?

I'm just hoping the Brothers get the opportunity to avenge the loss to MUS and beat the hell out of them.

get up Macon Co. Its time for a run like Livingston made to the state title game in 2005.
On a side note, I predict another state championship for Trousdale Co. I expect Smith Co to make a deep run as well.

3-7 Coffee Co. v 10-0 Riverdale. That's just an example of the crap that is TSSAA.
I think the coaches are finally voicing their concerns and we might see some changes next year. No Knoxville 6A team got a home game. McMinn Co beats Bradley for the district title and draws Oak Ridge (7-3) while Bradley draws Cookville (6-4). I will let you decide who got the better draw. Should both win they would play each other again next friday only two weeks from their last matchup.

I think the coaches are finally voicing their concerns and we might see some changes next year. No Knoxville 6A team got a home game. McMinn Co beats Bradley for the district title and draws Oak Ridge (7-3) while Bradley draws Cookville (6-4). I will let you decide who got the better draw. Should both win they would play each other again next friday only two weeks from their last matchup.

The old format was much better.

I don't understand this argument. None of the immediate Knox area teams (Bearden, Karns, Hardin Valley, Farragut) have a better record than their opponent. Your second point carries some weight. Why is a 6-4 Cookeville team is seeded higher than four 7-3 teams (Blackman, Farragut, Bradley, Oak Ridge):crazy:

I don't understand this argument. None of the immediate Knox area teams (Bearden, Karns, Hardin Valley, Farragut) have a better record than their opponent. Your second point carries some weight. Why is a 6-4 Cookeville team is seeded higher than four 7-3 teams (Blackman, Farragut, Bradley, Oak Ridge):crazy:
I just don't understand their logic. Great article in the Chattanooga Times by Ward Gossett on the greediness of the TSSAA!

HTF did Coffee Co even get in at 3-7?

They finished 2nd in their district. Not only do 1st and 2nd place finishers in each district automatically qualify, they are also seeded before the remaining teams in their quadrant.

VN Store

Back