The Class AA District 8 Discussion Thread

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
With the early season taking form I thought I would start this thread for any fans/alumni of any of the teams in this district.

I had one of these types of threads awhile back when DeKalb was in the district with Greenbrier and Pearl Cohn, but they've since moved back to this region with their more traditional opponents. Any other followers out there for this district?

District members:

Cannon County
DeKalb County
Livingston Academy
Smith County
Upperman
York Institute

Anyone catch the Smith County/Gordonsville game tonight? Smith won 15-14 after going for two in double overtime. It was 0-0 at the end of regulation.

Coach Maynord from Smith Co. said it was one of the best, if not THE best, games these 2 teams have ever played in this rivalry..Very emotional for Gordonsville..They haven't beaten the Owls in 13 seasons now and this was probably their best chance in a while to do so..But now Gordonsville has to play Trousdale County and Friendship back to back on the road which will be TOUGH...

I know there's always a risk with a field goal in high school football, but Smith Co. still surprised me when they didn't take advantage of the muffed punt and decided not to kick it on 4th and goal from the Gordonsville 2.

Coach Maynord said it was a sharp angle and he felt trying for the TD was the best option at the time..FWIW

Scores from week 1:

Grace Baptist Academy 40
Cannon County 13

DeKalb County 46
Clay County 7

Smith County 15
Gordonsville 14

Upperman 39
Monterey 7

Scott County 16
York 7

Week 2 Scores:

DeKalb County 56 (3-0)
Cannon County 6 (0-3)

Smith County 19 (3-0)
Livingston 7 (1-1)

Upperman 34 (2-1)
York 15 (0-3)

Was able to watch the DeKalb game last night. Cannon is abysmal. Sounds like York is having a hard time so far this year too.

Smith County won by 51-0 tonight whlie Dekalb Co put up a 56-0 win..Next week they play each other and it should be a dandy!!!

Smith County won by 51-0 tonight whlie Dekalb Co put up a 56-0 win..Next week they play each other and it should be a dandy!!!

Smith took it 50-30. It was 21 all at halftime, and DeKalb was only down 28-24 at the end of the 3rd, but Smith ran away with it at the very end.

Talk about bumping a super old thread, but I joined not too long ago and found this. Anyone still around here follow this district? I've followed it for years and have lived in dekalb my whole life. Just wondering.

VN Store

Back