Maryville v. Alcoa

Maryville looked better than Alcoa yesterday. But I don't think that says a lot.

It should be another great game.

alcoa too young this year for a very experienced and deep mhs squad. still will be a good game, though

Maryville looked better than Alcoa yesterday. But I don't think that says a lot.

It should be another great game.

I think Alcoa was trying not to show too much for the game next week. I believe Maryville wanted to do the same, but that they had to open up a bit more because of who they were playing. At any rate, I agree, should be another great game, though it will be hard ti beat last year's epic thriller.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have successfully picked the last two Alcoa/Maryville games. the pick is: MHS-35 Alcoa-21. one of the biggest reasons im picking Maryville is due to the loss of Ezekeiel Koko. Vee Hambrick will get his yards but Prevo is a monster. no one to help take the load off Vee will hurt Alcoa

Alcoa is much faster on the D Line than the O Line of the Rebels. Hard to call this one so you better just show up for the best game on the east coast this week.

I have successfully picked the last two Alcoa/Maryville games. the pick is: MHS-35 Alcoa-21. one of the biggest reasons im picking Maryville is due to the loss of Ezekeiel Koko. Vee Hambrick will get his yards but Prevo is a monster. no one to help take the load off Vee will hurt Alcoa

I hope UT is scouting Prevo. He was untouchable as a Freshman. Should be stronger this year.

Maryville wins by at least 14.

I cannot watch the game on Saturday night, so I am actually DVRing it to watch it Sunday after church. I hope I can avoid hearing the outcome.
Go Rebs!

FWIW, Alcoa's winning streak is now at 44, longest streak in TN and fourth longest in the country..Rankin just tied R. B. Etter for 4th on the Tn Coaches All-Time Win list with his 324th and unless Maryville plays pretty close to perfect, IMO the streak will continue..JMHO

What was Maryville's streak before they loss to Hillsboro in the 5A Championship?

The Maryville streak in '08 was 74..and it was in 4A

They had the longest win streak in the country for approximately 18 hours.

This will be a great game. Maryville is a lot better on the lines this year, which is what has killed them the last two years. It'll still be a dandy, but the Rebels are a bit better than the F5 this year.

I'm wondering what the crowd will be at the game.

Insane. Are they seriously opening the gates at one?

It's what I have heard.

I'm flying solo with the 19th month old this weekend so I'm watching this one at home. Not about to attempt that one as bad as I want to.

I'd prob ask on coacht. The old timers know more than me.

Last edited:
I'm picking Maryville to win, and I'm looking forward to watching a great high school football game between two great teams. Can't wait.

It's what I have heard.

I'm flying solo with the 19th month old this weekend so I'm watching this one at home. Not about to attempt that one as bad as I want to.

I'd prob ask on coacht. The old timers know more than me.

Tried to PM you, need to ask you something. I think PMs are down?

VN Store

Back