Maryville Ranked No.96 in the National

Agreed. Probably school size and that some expect them to take a small step back this season and Maryville to possibly have it's best team yet.

So what happens when Alcoa beats them, Lol! It should be a real good game. Both have some real good talent at running back.

So what happens when Alcoa beats them, Lol! It should be a real good game. Both have some real good talent at running back.

If Maryville can find a couple of receivers to step up, their offense may be unstoppable.

Could be another shootout this year.

Nice to see my Rebels ranked #25. They are breaking in some new kids this year, so hopefully they will be playing some solid ball come playoff time.

This list demonstrates just how weak TN HS football is compared to other states in the southeast.

Not surprising since I saw an article (USA Today, I think) that Prattville spent $1.1M on football last year.

Allen TX just spent 59.6M on their program. It's not just money. Prattville's coach works with peewee coaching and they have a transparent system all the way thru Middle School to HS. When the little guys get to HS as Freshman they know the system and how to execute after essentially being in training camp for 8 yrs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Allen TX just spent 59.6M on their program. It's not just money. Prattville's coach works with peewee coaching and they have a transparent system all the way thru Middle School to HS. When the little guys get to HS as Freshman they know the system and how to execute after essentially being in training camp for 8 yrs.

Never been through Prattville, but the high school stadiums in Texas are beyond this world. If there is a place that may take it too seriously, it's there.

Never been through Prattville, but the high school stadiums in Texas are beyond this world. If there is a place that may take it too seriously, it's there.

Prattville has a beautiful 1M turf field in a average stadium owned by the city. They usually have about 12k in attendance. Also the dressing rooms at the stadium are embarassing!

However, over at the school...the field house, weight room and indoor practice facility are state of the art. These kids and this program deserves a much better stadium...Allen TX stadium is entirely too much though!

Last edited:

That amount of money being spent on a stadium was hard for me to believe. But here you go:

Allen Texas High School Football Stadium

Heard WB beat Maryville tonight in the Blount Co. jamboree. Can't wait to see the irrational reactions that stem from this.

why would people even compare tennessee high footbsll to other high school progrsms if prattvill alabama spent 1.1 million last year and the texas team spent what was texted .then all must understand how many tennessee high programs would it take to have spent that much money .about five hundred schools

Maryville was ranked 86 after beating Webb, they have not redone the rankings after the Alcoa game yet.

In watching the ESPN DH yesterday, I think Maryville would lose to Prattville and St. Thomas Aquanis, but could probably hold their own agaist this year's versions of Hoover and South Panola. Wasn't overly impressed with either of those two, esp. SP.

VN Store

Back