Signal Mountain and South Pitt say no to Alcoa.

South Pittsburg is a small 1A school. why would they possibly want to add another 3A school to their schedule when they already play several bigger schools?

both schools are little country town schools with 6'1 250 pounds o lineman....Alcoa would kill them...smart move

I would love to see Alcoa play some teams in Western North Carolina.No, I dont think any team in Western North Carolina would beat Alcoa.

Time alcoa and murrfull played by the same rules as everybody else.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

both schools are little country town schools with 6'1 250 pounds o lineman....Alcoa would kill them...smart move

Ur clueless!!! SP has been a winning program for years, hence Grider taking over from his dad! Vic is a classy guy, and he spoke at the coaches forum, and also helped at the June camp along with Rankin. To say they're little country schools comes from someone whoonly looks at the population of a town, and not what its program is based on! Get a clue of what ur talking about before u start bashing schools with winning programs!!

Ur clueless!!! SP has been a winning program for years, hence Grider taking over from his dad! Vic is a classy guy, and he spoke at the coaches forum, and also helped at the June camp along with Rankin. To say they're little country schools comes from someone whoonly looks at the population of a town, and not what its program is based on! Get a clue of what ur talking about before u start bashing schools with winning programs!!

You tell them Vic!! And by the way.....i think it is spelled whunely....not whoonly! Or is it wuunilly. I forget.

Been following Alcoa and Maryville for over 35 years. If it was all about tuition students both teams would have never had bad seasons. I saw Maryville go 20 years without a state title. There were a lot of 5-5 seasons in those 20 years. I also saw Alcoa have losing seasons. Both teams are winning now because they have good coaching. When Alcoa had bad seasons in the past there would be about 25-30 players out for football. I once saw Maryville with a team that only had 35 kids out.

And I remember when Heritage used to go to playoffs every year in the 90's.....sighhh

Time alcoa and murrfull played by the same rules as everybody else.

Open enrollment doesn't ensure guaranteed success. Especially for a school with a student body of 4-500 students. It's the commitment to winning...there are other high schools in Blount County.

Alcoa molested one of KY's state champs a few years ago. Bell County, I think.

VN Store

Back