Houston/Briarcrest fight

Everything was going to be fine, til the guy from Houston blindsided the runner. I don't know why everybody got so mad about the play at the plate, that's baseball. Later (0:41) the catcher gets a nice chickensh!+ punch.

Catcher is standing 5 feet up the line and he's going to get mad about that? Probably could have been semi controlled if #3 hadn't come in.

Everything was going to be fine, til the guy from Houston blindsided the runner. I don't know why everybody got so mad about the play at the plate, that's baseball. Later (0:41) the catcher gets a nice chickensh!+ punch.

Yep and the runner managed to get the catcher to drop the ball and then he failed to touch the plate. Should have kept moving toward the plate.

New meaning to The Blind Side. Catcher has anger issues.

Thats what you get from little rich kids in Memphis. I was excited to see the video, but when I saw it, I thought this sucks haha.

The catcher for Houston is a punk and so is #1 who comes in and blindsides the runner and then is seen nowhere near the resulting fight.

If you pause the video, it's clear that the ball has rolled behind the plate and the catcher is basically kicking the runner to block him from the plate. The runner basically gets fed up and takes his helmet off, at which point he gets blindsided. I have no personal interest in the game, but I think Houston is the only one that did anything wrong.

If the Houston coached hadn't run on the field and knocked the Briarcrest player to the ground, then it wouldn't have escalated like it did. HOUSTON = GUILTY.

Catcher needs his ass beat. That chicken **** punch to the back of the head while somebody is down would equal a future fight in a field back in the day. One on one, let's get it on. Send the message through a undergrad courier.

If the Houston coached hadn't run on the field and knocked the Briarcrest player to the ground, then it wouldn't have escalated like it did. HOUSTON = GUILTY.

This. Houston has always been known as being punks. Even their coaches and parents are terrible, always yelling derogatory comments at opposing players. Keep it classy Houston.

What sissies! They all think they're hard, and that catcher on the black team really needs to lay off the beefcake and juice, when he goes all incredible hulk after the fight it's just embarrassing. I hope Daniel Tosh rips him on natl tv.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You people do know that at the high school level, plowing a catcher is not only illegal and results in an automatic out, but the player is immediately ejected and suspended.

Why? To prevent injuries and fights. I'm not justifying the morons on either team who thought it was a good idea to brawl, but this was not a routine play. The players should have let the umps and coaches deal with it, but I'm sure they watch too much sportscenter.

The catcher for Houston is a punk and so is #1 who comes in and blindsides the runner and then is seen nowhere near the resulting fight.

If you pause the video, it's clear that the ball has rolled behind the plate and the catcher is basically kicking the runner to block him from the plate. The runner basically gets fed up and takes his helmet off, at which point he gets blindsided. I have no personal interest in the game, but I think Houston is the only one that did anything wrong.

Pretty much summed it up.

You people do know that at the high school level, plowing a catcher is not only illegal and results in an automatic out, but the player is immediately ejected and suspended.

Why? To prevent injuries and fights. I'm not justifying the morons on either team who thought it was a good idea to brawl, but this was not a routine play. The players should have let the umps and coaches deal with it, but I'm sure they watch too much sportscenter.

So what, if the catcher is blocking the plate you're pretty much screwed? That's dumb.

Pretty much summed it up.

So what, if the catcher is blocking the plate you're pretty much screwed? That's dumb.

If the catcher is standing between you and the plate with the ball and you can't hook slide around him, then yes you are screwed (just like you would be at any base...you aren't allowed to plow the second baseman for instance). I don't make the rules. For that matter, this is even the rule at the collegiate level. You are not allowed to collide at the plate and doing so is an immediate ejection.

After what happened to the Giants Posey yesterday, people are calling for this rule even at the MLB level.

VN Store

Back