(EARLY) Name your Top 10 6A Teams, and who do you think will win State?

RockyTop411

1. Maryville
2. Riverdale
3. Dobyns-Bennett
4. Blackman
5. Oak Ridge
6. White Station
7. Franklin
8. Brentwood
9. Gallatin
10. White Haven

Just a really early prediction. What else you all think?

And, I think Riverdale will win State.

1. Maryville
2. Riverdale
3. Dobyns-Bennett
4. Blackman
5. Oak Ridge
6. White Station
7. Franklin
8. Brentwood
9. Gallatin
10. White Haven

Just a really early prediction. What else you all think?

And, I think Riverdale will win State.

Your from Murfreesboro too? Sweet. What makes you think Riverdale will win it all this season?

Your from Murfreesboro too? Sweet. What makes you think Riverdale will win it all this season?

Born and raised! And the talent that Riverdale has, is the best they've had in awhile. They return all three of their Runningbacks (Mk. Odom, Mc. Odom, and Davenport), they return their Starting QB (Woodruff). That's alot of talent in their backfield right there, and they went 7-3 last year. They have almost all their Secondary and linebackers coming back. The only problem, is they lost a chunk of their linemen, but with all the talent in the backfield, I think they should dominate.

Born and raised! And the talent that Riverdale has, is the best they've had in awhile. They return all three of their Runningbacks (Mk. Odom, Mc. Odom, and Davenport), they return their Starting QB (Woodruff). That's alot of talent in their backfield right there, and they went 7-3 last year. They have almost all their Secondary and linebackers coming back. The only problem, is they lost a chunk of their linemen, but with all the talent in the backfield, I think they should dominate.

Nice, it's been a while since Riverdale has been dominant. Also, when did Blackman get good?

I know it says Im from Maryville but I go to a rival school so theres no Bias. Maryville lost no body but Zach Sharp ( The kicker). I expect them to take it all again this year. (Sadly)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Bradley Central will be a pretty good team this year. Def a playoff contender. Coach Floyd has given new breath to the program.

Which is a longer win streak? Tennessee vs. Kentucky or Maryville vs William Blount?

Jefferson County. I know this will shock some but here's why...For years the team has been under coached. From around the time Coach Kisabeth started resting on his laurels to all the homer coaches who were parade as the next coming of kisabeth. The talent has been spotty over the years because the players are very football savy starting at an early age and will not play or sign up for a "lacking coach". Jefferson County has one of the best Pee-wee, midget or grade school programs in the state and are well coached at this level. They know football and have not bought into the hype of any coach and is well know for being responsible of the ouster of a Coach or to sometimes for within the team to the student population and another from the population into the football team certain kids\their parents and lets not forget the political structure of a system designed to fail. I could go on but the reason are multiple and apparent.

The reason for the return. We scarfed one of the best Def. coordinators\Ass. Coaches in the state. Kenny Cobble out of Chatt. Red Bank. If for no other reason the weight room they will be strong and the whole of the school has bought in. They are no longer a fragmented society. I think they surprise a lot of people this year.

I would love to see my alma mater make that list. They're slowly making progress ,but all they ever do is make the playoffs and get no further than the 2nd round.

Prattville will take Alabama and Tennessee 6A state titles. Just kidding :)

We do open up against National #2 St. Thomas Aquinas. We played Brentwood a few years ago and beat them 26-0.

Jefferson County. I know this will shock some but here's why...For years the team has been under coached. From around the time Coach Kisabeth started resting on his laurels to all the homer coaches who were parade as the next coming of kisabeth. The talent has been spotty over the years because the players are very football savy starting at an early age and will not play or sign up for a "lacking coach". Jefferson County has one of the best Pee-wee, midget or grade school programs in the state and are well coached at this level. They know football and have not bought into the hype of any coach and is well know for being responsible of the ouster of a Coach or to sometimes for within the team to the student population and another from the population into the football team certain kids\their parents and lets not forget the political structure of a system designed to fail. I could go on but the reason are multiple and apparent.

The reason for the return. We scarfed one of the best Def. coordinators\Ass. Coaches in the state. Kenny Cobble out of Chatt. Red Bank. If for no other reason the weight room they will be strong and the whole of the school has bought in. They are no longer a fragmented society. I think they surprise a lot of people this year.

Ass coach????:eek:lol:

This year take em against Alcoa too. They should have a better team.

The only reason I don't give them the nod over Alcoa is because Alcoa has gashed them on the ground the last two years, and Maryville seems to have trouble stopping teams that know how to run.

Speaking of Maryville/Alcoa, I read somewhere, maybe on Coach T, that there was going to be a nice little double header involving Maryville/Alcoa and two other teams. Anybody heard of this?

Last edited:
The only reason I don't give them the nod over Alcoa is because Alcoa has gashed them on the ground the last two years, and Maryville seems to have trouble stopping teams that know how to run.

Speaking of Maryville/Alcoa, I read somewhere, maybe on Coach T, that there was going to be a nice little double header involving Maryville/Alcoa and two other teams. Anybody heard of this?

They handled Smyrna well-enough. Defense should be much better this year.

Yup, the double-header is true. At Maryville this year. Cleveland/Aloca then Maryville/Webb. Week 0.

VN Store

Back