Looking for Asst. Football coaching Job in Middle/East TN

Bobo

Trying to find an opening at a high school for a coaching position. I do have a out of state TN teaching license in P.E. I have worked with LBs, WRs, RBs, and the Secondary. I have sent my Resume to the positions on the TSSAA website, but just seeing if anyone on here could help me out. I have spent 5 years in the military. Wife and I just want to make a move to TN. I have 3 years of experience of teaching and coaching. Also, I would take a coaching job in soccer, baseball, or golf. have Head coaching experience in all of those sports. Thanks for any help. Go Vols!

Jefferson County is replacing the whole coaching staff. Good location too only 20 min from the vols.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I knew Jefferson County was looking for a new Head Coach, but did not know they were going to replace the entire staff. I am looking and trying everyplace I can think of, but will look there also. Thanks

Trying to find an opening at a high school for a coaching position. I do have a out of state TN teaching license in P.E. I have worked with LBs, WRs, RBs, and the Secondary. I have sent my Resume to the positions on the TSSAA website, but just seeing if anyone on here could help me out. I have spent 5 years in the military. Wife and I just want to make a move to TN. I have 3 years of experience of teaching and coaching. Also, I would take a coaching job in soccer, baseball, or golf. have Head coaching experience in all of those sports. Thanks for any help. Go Vols!
Lebanon high school in Wilson County where I currently coach baseball is looking for a whole new staff in Football. It is a football school thats been down for a few years in that sport and it is currently building a new LHS that will have great facilities and bring in some good talent. It is also a nice town.

Any specific person I need to talk to for the Labanon Positions? I remember seeing that ad on TSSAA, but thought it was just for HC. Numbers or e mails of anyone would be great! Thanks

Have you tried Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis? Lausanne was an all girl's school up until about 15 years ago and converted to co-ed. They have been building a lot of nice facilities over the last few years and have bragging rights over graduating Marc Gasol. Anyway, they are just starting a football team in 2011 and hired Ken Netherland as the HC, probably the most well respected coach in the state of TN. May be worth giving him a call and seeing if he needs assistants. I've included the school's official blurb on him below.

Lausanne Collegiate School is pleased to announce that Coach Ken Netherland has joined the Lausanne Athletics Department as the high school’s football coach.

Lausanne Athletic Director, Troy Baker writes:
Lausanne's new high school football coach, Ken Netherland, and Lausanne Athletic Director Troy Baker

“When you think about football in the city of Memphis, you have to think about Ken Netherland. Coach Netherland comes to Lausanne with 362 wins, which is the most in the history of Prep football in the state of Tennessee. Coach Netherland has been to the state finals 9 times in his career and is no stranger to building traditions. He took over a Germantown High School team and won 1 game his first year. He turned them into state champions in 1983 and a perennial powerhouse for over a decade. He took over at St. George’s Independent School with a Junior Varsity team in 2003. Four years later they were state champions. He finished this year with a trip to the state finals and was honored as district coach of the year.

“When we made the decision to proceed with expanding football into our high school at Lausanne, we knew it was important to find a coach with the skills to lead us into the next phase of our athletic program. We needed someone with a track record of building programs and an infallible reputation. When I realized Coach Netherland was leaving St. George’s, I picked up the phone.

“Coach Netherland’s football pedigree speaks for itself, but we are also very ‘enthused’ about his passion for hard work, discipline and order. He stresses preparation and process over wins and losses. He knows what it takes to build a championship program, and he expects a high level of commitment from his players. We are confident that he can lead Lausanne’s football program in the right direction.”

Coach Netherland graduated with a B.S. in Physical Education from the University of Mississippi and an M.Ed. from the University of Memphis. His accolades include Commercial Appeal Best of Preps Coach of the Year 3 times; TACA (Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association) Coach of the Year; National High School Coach of the Year; District 7-5A Coach of the Year 1994-1999; Shelby County Coach of the Year in 2003; the first ever Head Coach for the Kentucky-Tennessee High School All-Star Game and Liberty Bowl High School All-Star Game; the first recipient of the Shelby County Lifetime Achievement Award for Athletics. He was named to the National High School Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2000 and received the Rex Dockery Memorial Award in 1987.

How about Heritage in Maryville? Our current head coach came from Crest in NC 2 years ago. He coached Brandon Spikes there. Another assistant coach there was a former assistant offensive line coach at UT like 3-4 years ago

Lebanon high school in Wilson County where I currently coach baseball is looking for a whole new staff in Football. It is a football school thats been down for a few years in that sport and it is currently building a new LHS that will have great facilities and bring in some good talent. It is also a nice town.

im in watertown and lebanon does bring good athletes but there football team is always awful!!!!

Check with Texas Bobo :crazy:.

Any specific person I need to talk to for the Labanon Positions? I remember seeing that ad on TSSAA, but thought it was just for HC. Numbers or e mails of anyone would be great! Thanks

1st you must spell the town and school properly wouldn't you think? L-E-B-A-N-O-N! :salute:

Is Jefferson County looking for assistants or jusy HC? I have spoken with a coach at that school a while back. His name is Parker Dykes.

How about Heritage in Maryville? Our current head coach came from Crest in NC 2 years ago. He coached Brandon Spikes there. Another assistant coach there was a former assistant offensive line coach at UT like 3-4 years ago

Do you remember Coach Kyker?

Is Jefferson County looking for assistants or jusy HC? I have spoken with a coach at that school a while back. His name is Parker Dykes.
Coach Dykes is good people. :thumbsup:

From what I hear, JCHS is Joe Case's job to lose. I could see Coach Case keeping around a few guys. Coach McCash should get some serious consideration...as should Coach Cox and Coach Brimer. They have some forward thinking minds who know the game inside and out.

I expect Coach Case to keep a few guys on and bring a few. A lot of depends on what jobs open up in the school over the summer...thats the big drawback to the JCHS job right now. Its gonna be hard to get YOUR guys in there.

I coach in Jefferson County @ the middle school level. You're always going to have playoff level talent. Whats hard is trying to convince these kids to stick with football. This has (and always will be) a baseball county.

New head coach new assistants one would assume. Of course High School maybe a little different than College.

Did some research...The application period for Head coach ends 1-31-11. Nothing about assistants will be know until after The Jefferson County Board reviews and hires a New coach.

To help you out (maybe). The JC Schools Human Resources Dept. # is 865-397-3194. The Athletic Secretary # is 865-397-3182.

To get you qualifications in front of the people who hire you might want to fill out an application for head coach here: Jobs @ Jefferson County Schools

Maybe also mention your availability for assistant coach as well? Just sayin.

Good luck.

Coach Dykes is good people. :thumbsup:

From what I hear, JCHS is Joe Case's job to lose. I could see Coach Case keeping around a few guys. Coach McCash should get some serious consideration...as should Coach Cox and Coach Brimer. They have some forward thinking minds who know the game inside and out.

I expect Coach Case to keep a few guys on and bring a few. A lot of depends on what jobs open up in the school over the summer...thats the big drawback to the JCHS job right now. Its gonna be hard to get YOUR guys in there.

I coach in Jefferson County @ the middle school level. You're always going to have playoff level talent. Whats hard is trying to convince these kids to stick with football. This has (and always will be) a baseball county.

Coach Case's brother ask me not to tell anyone about the possibilities........well I know it didn't come from me.:)

As for Joe case. I saw him grow from boy to a man. Him and his Family are first Class.

Coach Case's brother ask me not to tell anyone about the possibilities........well I know it didn't come from me.:)

As for Joe case. I saw him grow from boy to a man. Him and his Family are first Class.

No doubt...I've got some buddies that were on staff and they pretty well unanimously agree that Coach Case is the man for the job. Its pretty common knowledge that he is thought to be the front runner. Dr. Walker was the AD @ Mo-West for years, as well as a coach at Gibbs. He will be good for the athletic department...very sharp. I hear he and Coach Case have a pretty good relationship. I honestly hope Coach Case gets the job. If not him, then preferably Rodney McCash or Neal Cruce.

Coach Cruce is from Ohio, but has coached in KY and West TN. Ran a great offense out @ Lake County a few years ago. He has won EVERYWHERE he has been. Good guy, too. He'd be perfect @ Cocke County. His program is a complete character overhaul. He puts an emphasis on unity, details and repetition...faith based as well. If you're not willing to lay it all on the line for the guy next to you, then you're not going to succeed in his program. He is the HC @ a local middle school, but has had a few offers to move on up and take over HS programs in western KY.

A little off-topic, but Cocke Co needs a change in culture. Those kids are athletes, but need to be broken down and built back up from scratch. I think Coach Anderson (former JCHS HC) could be good for that program as well. Wish him the best...he's staying @ the school. I'm afraid they won't have enough positions open to allow Coach Case to bring ALL of his guys with him.

Last edited:
No doubt...I've got some buddies that were on staff and they pretty well unanimously agree that Coach Case is the man for the job. Its pretty common knowledge that he is thought to be the front runner. Dr. Walker was the AD @ Mo-West for years, as well as a coach at Gibbs. He will be good for the athletic department...very sharp. I hear he and Coach Case have a pretty good relationship. I honestly hope Coach Case gets the job. If not him, then preferably Rodney McCash or Neal Cruce.

Coach Cruce is from Ohio, but has coached in KY and West TN. Ran a great offense out @ Lake County a few years ago. He has won EVERYWHERE he has been. Good guy, too. He'd be perfect @ Cocke County. His program is a complete character overhaul. He puts an emphasis on unity, details and repetition...faith based as well. If you're not willing to lay it all on the line for the guy next to you, then you're not going to succeed in his program. He is the HC @ a local middle school, but has had a few offers to move on up and take over HS programs in western KY.

A little off-topic, but Cocke Co needs a change in culture. Those kids are athletes, but need to be broken down and built back up from scratch. I think Coach Anderson (former JCHS HC) could be good for that program as well. Wish him the best...he's staying @ the school. I'm afraid they won't have enough positions open to allow Coach Case to bring ALL of his guys with him.

Cruce, from Jeff. Middle?

Well the Jefferson County head coaches job was filled a week or so ago. Coach Cobble a long time assistant from Chattanooga Red Bank was hired, to the surprise of many.

Lebanon is not really a football school, is it? I thought they had one coach years ago, Medley who had winning teams, but other than that haven't really done that much.

Please correct as I admit to having lost track.

http://www.wilsonpost.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5082&Itemid=4

Last edited:
I would love to coach a football team that has a losing record and really wants to do what it takes to get better.If you are that team ... Drop me a line at wheezer_1@charter.net .I am not a teacher or the parent of a playing high school football player so I have no ties to any school ,the local school teams have there coaches .Ive coached a big bunch of there players in the past but it is hard to get in to their click. I have had very successful teams but I need to move up in age group,middle or highschool...

Coach ,Frank Gill

VN Store

Back