3614 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Great Middle School Programs in the State. Page 3. within the forum Tennessee High School Sports. I'm terms of football? Robertsville. It's one of two middle schools that feed into oak ridge. They r historically a ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee High School Sports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 03:09 AM   #31 (permalink)

I'm terms of football? Robertsville. It's one of two middle schools that feed into oak ridge. They r historically a very good team. Another good school, more specifically in b ball is science hill. They r nothing short of impresive. Very well coached
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

too many homers in this thread and kinda misleading due to that - there is a consensus 3-4 schools you want to look at.. most of them being private and the other being Maryville's feeder.
Bassmanbruno is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #33 (permalink)

Oneida is one of the toughest teams to play here in our area. Coaching against them is a headache every year and they seem to reload better than any team I've seen. Wish they would move up and play some teams that could be more competitive with them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmanbruno View Post
too many homers in this thread and kinda misleading due to that - there is a consensus 3-4 schools you want to look at.. most of them being private and the other being Maryville's feeder.
I agree about some homers but I wouldn't be so quickly to say Maryville has the best Middle School program in East Tenn although they are good but there are couple other pretty competitive programs in East Tenn that I'd say would give them all they could handle or more on a yearly basis. The privates in Mid-State are powers for sure... I believe Alcoa has gotten the best of Maryville more times than not over the years in Middle School or at least thats what someone from Alcoa told me
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemediocrity View Post
I agree about some homers but I wouldn't be so quickly to say Maryville has the best Middle School program in East Tenn although they are good but there are couple other pretty competitive programs in East Tenn that I'd say would give them all they could handle or more on a yearly basis. The privates in Mid-State are powers for sure... I believe Alcoa has gotten the best of Maryville more times than not over the years in Middle School or at least thats what someone from Alcoa told me
I'm fairly certain Alcoa hasn't scored on Maryville in the past 2 years. I could be wrong. I know the 09 MMS first team defense did not allow one point.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervol9802 View Post
I'm fairly certain Alcoa hasn't scored on Maryville in the past 2 years. I could be wrong. I know the 09 MMS first team defense did not allow one point.
I was told over the last several years AMS has gotten upper hand more times than not I do know the last two years MMS has had upper hand. Not taking anything away from them b/c being undefeated is a great accomplishment and I'm sure there good team but there conference is really weak (I no thats not in their control). Alcoa Middle has been way down last two years but previous few years before that they beat up on MMS pretty good I heard (I've never seen them play just relying on a source who follows middle school ball in Knox & Blount Co closely). It'd be nice to get ALL the good teams (which aren't many) in East Tenn too play each other instead of some of these teams drilling the weaker teams all the time. I heard in Knox Co this year Knox Fulton ran thru the league pretty easy but I was also told the league competition overall was way down from past years.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker0 View Post
Is he still alive? I remember watching him get after his players in the pre-game and was glad he wasn't my coach lol...but then again he won all the time so maybe that was a good thing.
He is still alive. He was pretty hardcore, but a great coach.
We had to run after the game for every point that some one scored on us. We didn't let many people score on us.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #38 (permalink)

Inman Middle School here in Paris has a very, very successful football program. They've won the West Tennessee championship 3 years running, and I think overall they've won something like 5 of the last 8. Idk how they would match up state wide, but without a doubt one of the best middle school programs in west tennessee. It's the primary feeder into Henry County High School, and has produced players such as Marsalis Teague, Dominique Allen, and Andrew Jelks along with many other college athletes.

Last edited by orangepridenation; 08-12-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepridenation View Post
Inman Middle School here in Paris has a very, very successful football program. They've won the West Tennessee championship 3 years running, and I think overall they've won something like 5 of the last 8. Idk how they would match up state wide, but without a doubt one of the best middle school programs in west tennessee. It's the primary feeder into Henry County High School, which has produced players such as Marsalis Teague and Dominique Allen along with many other college athletes.
I heard they had a good program going on over there. Keep up the great work!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #40 (permalink)

If you really want to see where the best middle school programs are just look to see where high school state championships are won. High schools in Rutherford County have had great success at the state levels. There is a reason why communities in and around these areas such as Maryville, Murfreesboro, Smyrna win championships; has a correlation with the middle schools that feed them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
Zo Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervol9802 View Post
You are right but this year in freshman football Maryville only beat them by 6.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Alcoa has beaten Maryville more in Middle School than Maryville has beaten them. This past years seniors at Maryville lost to Alcoa in Middle School 55-0. Tyson and Warren killed them. Maryville lost to Alcoa in Middle school in 2008,2007 but beat Alcoa later in blount county championship in 2007,2006,2002,2001,2000. Maryville has beaten Alcoa 27-0 and 35-0 the last 2 years. Alcoa hasn't had the talent like they did 3-4 years ago at the middle school level.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #43 (permalink)

I know it probably can't compete with the big boys but I was told the Jefferson Middle School has more conference championships (13) than any other middle school in the state.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyz71 View Post
I know it probably can't compete with the big boys but I was told the Jefferson Middle School has more conference championships (13) than any other middle school in the state.
I believe this is true. I attended the JMS - Maury game a few years ago. Never seen that many people at a middle school game. Great environment.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
I hate Kentucky

Ah, middle school/junior high football. I haven't been to one of those since I played.