Jefferson County and Dobyns Bennett Brawl

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
Just got a text from a Friend from the game and he said that both teams cleared the benches and brawled out the half

I heard it was because Jefferson County didn't want any more and wanted to leave but DB said "the fans paid good money so you are staying."

tssaa doesn't look to fondly upon fighting....could see both teams being eliminated from the playoffs if this is true.

I heard it was because Jefferson County didn't want any more and wanted to leave but DB said "the fans paid good money so you are staying."

I heard the same thing.

There was a bench clearer in the Boone/Sullivan South game as well. 3 players ejected.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's crazy.....no point to it though

I was on the sideline ( marching band ). From what I saw, It seems as though DB started it. Either way, it was immature and idiotic. My only complaint is that their fans booed US ( JCHS marching band ) because they were apparently pissed.

I was at the game (DB grad). The game was allowed to finish. It was 14 to 3 at the half. Ended 28 to 3. Nothing bad happened in the second half.

I went over to CoachT to check out what happened. All I can say is that there are some arrogant, rude fans representing DB on that Board. The fact that they say "Roll Tribe Roll" at the end of every post drops them to the level of bammer fans in my book, and that ain't so good. ;p

I attended the DB vs Jeff Co. game and listened to the coverage on radio. The Jeff Co. coach said they would beat DB...he knew how to beat them. The entire first half they tried to intimdate DB with late blocks and hits to try and get intemidate DB. The last play of the first half ended in some fights...I even heard there were Jeff Co crowd on the field and a coach shoved our quarter back down. If that was his game plan it didnt work. The DB crowd did not boo the Jeff Co band but did boo the refs which stayed on the field 5 minutes after the end of the half.

I watched my uncle call 15 penelties on DB when my son was in the DB band. We had a bus turned over at an away game when I was in the band. Another game when my son was in the band, they other school broke into the DB Dome and spray paited the trophy cases and the doors to the aquatic center. The next year they sprayed the end zone with some bad words. Another away game my sone had a Coke cup thrown into his Tuba and When I was 7 years old a crowd from a Chattanoga ran over me to do cause havic in our stadium. I was nearly crushed.

In the playoffs our team has suffered from some really questionable calls...we had touchdowns called back for a lineman down field after the receiver was in the end zone. Im sick and tired of the crying from all these teams and their fans. We did not boo the Jeff Co band because we respect all the effort bands put in to their half time shows. You never hear about the bad things that happen to DB but they try to turn the tables on it and blame DB. We respect the teams we play and have a hard time understanding all the negative comments about Dobyns Bennett and the fans. Understand we respect the teams on our schedule and all we want to do is play the game. Respect is a two edge sword and dont forget it.

Last edited:
I attended the DB vs Jeff Co. game and listened to the coverage on radio. The Jeff Co. coach said they would beat DB...he knew how to beat them. The entire first half they tried to intimdate DB with late blocks and hits to try and get intemidate DB. The last play of the first half ended in some fights...I even heard there were Jeff Co crowd on the field and a coach shoved our quarter back down. If that was his game plan it didnt work. The DB crowd did not boo the Jeff Co band but did boo the refs which stayed on the field 5 minutes after the end of the half.

I watched my uncle call 15 penelties on DB when my son was in the DB band. We had a bus turned over at an away game when I was in the band. Another game when my son was in the band, they other school broke into the DB Dome and spray paited the trophy cases and the doors to the aquatic center. The next year they sprayed the end zone with some bad words. Another away game my sone had a Coke cup thrown into his Tuba and When I was 7 years old a crowd from a Chattanoga ran over me to do cause havic in our stadium. I was nearly crushed.

In the playoffs our team has suffered from some really questionable calls...we had touchdowns called back for a lineman down field after the receiver was in the end zone. Im sick and tired of the crying from all these teams and their fans. We did not boo the Jeff Co band because we respect all the effort bands put in to their half time shows. You never hear about the bad things that happen to DB but they try to turn the tables on it and blame DB. We respect the teams we play and have a hard time understanding all the negative comments about Dobyns Bennett and the fans. Understand we respect the teams on our schedule and all we want to do is play the game. Respect is a two edge sword and dont forget it. We love our school just like every one else.

In the playoffs our team has suffered from some really questionable calls...we had touchdowns called back for a lineman down field after the receiver was in the end zone. Im sick and tired of the crying from all these teams and their fans. We did not boo the Jeff Co band because we respect all the effort bands put in to their half time shows. You never hear about the bad things that happen to DB but they try to turn the tables on it and blame DB. We respect the teams we play and have a hard time understanding all the negative comments about Dobyns Bennett and the fans. Understand we respect the teams on our schedule and all we want to do is play the game. Respect is a two edge sword and dont forget it.

The fight seemed to be all players. From what I saw, DB did something we didn't like and we got mad. This is why I'm in band and NOT playing football. The fans had to have still been booing the refs then, despite the fact they couldn't have been on the field that long afterwards. (I apologize if I'm wrong on that one, its all a blur to me ) It was both Jeff. Co. and DB's fault, you can't blame either more than the other. Is it true that the DB band hates us, because we're under the impression that they do, and we're supposed to stay away from them because of that.... :ermm:

DB alum here. I moved away from Kingsport years ago and I may be out of the loop as to what the town is like these days, but I have a hard time believing that the DB fans were booing the Jeff County band. The DB crowd is one of the very few high school fan bases that appreciates the work that goes into high school marching bands. They are one of the few fan bases that actually will sit through the opposing team's performances for the sole reason of applauding the kids. DB's band has been among the best in the entire southeast for more than a generation now and they have a very band-sophisticated following.

So, maybe there is a little credence in the thought that the fans were upset at the refs or at the Jeff County coaches and were expressing it into halftime, but I really doubt they were booing the band. It's not in their genetic code.

The fight seemed to be all players. From what I saw, DB did something we didn't like and we got mad. This is why I'm in band and NOT playing football. The fans had to have still been booing the refs then, despite the fact they couldn't have been on the field that long afterwards. (I apologize if I'm wrong on that one, its all a blur to me ) It was both Jeff. Co. and DB's fault, you can't blame either more than the other. Is it true that the DB band hates us, because we're under the impression that they do, and we're supposed to stay away from them because of that.... :ermm:

I can tell you from personal experience because I have attended 2 games at Jeff Co as well as the home games for the last 15 years and the DB fans have never booed a band. We did have one game that the DB Band was playing the National Anthem and the other band was playing at the same time. It was embarassing for the other school. They looked like total idiots. Your school has much to be proud of...I look forward to seeing your band again. I played in the band and truly appreciate all your hard work...keep up your hard work!

I can tell you from personal experience because I have attended 2 games at Jeff Co as well as the home games for the last 15 years and the DB fans have never booed a band. We did have one game that the DB Band was playing the National Anthem and the other band was playing at the same time. It was embarassing for the other school. They looked like total idiots. Your school has much to be proud of...I look forward to seeing your band again. I played in the band and truly appreciate all your hard work...keep up your hard work!

:salute: thanks.

VN Store

Back