A problem for Soddy Daisy.

People are getting so ridiculous these days. If you don't like the prayer than put your fingers in your ears. Let the other 99% of people there that appreciate the prayer take part.

They can't stop those in attendance from praying. They should recite the Lord's Prayer together from the stands.

Does the first amendment specifically say that you aren't supposed to pray at non-federal funded Highschool football games? Will this madness ever stop?

i heard about this today on 102.3 the talk monster, i believe they are still going to pray. i live in this area and am shocked that 1 person can take the right for so many. why do they allow the voices of hundreds to fall on deaf ears, while allowing the voice of 1 the reign? god knows i don't pray enough however i would never stop anyone who wanted to. outlandish, whom ever this one person is, please shut up and allow the masses to pray at will. if you don't like don't pray.

Does the first amendment specifically say that you aren't supposed to pray at non-federal funded Highschool football games? Will this madness ever stop?

the first amendment doesnt specifically say very much. Is Soddy Daisy a private school? Is the football field off campus? If its neither one of those thennnnn yeah.

i heard about this today on 102.3 the talk monster, i believe they are still going to pray. i live in this area and am shocked that 1 person can take the right for so many. why do they allow the voices of hundreds to fall on deaf ears, while allowing the voice of 1 the reign? god knows i don't pray enough however i would never stop anyone who wanted to. outlandish, whom ever this one person is, please shut up and allow the masses to pray at will. if you don't like don't pray.

that doesnt change the fact that you are ostracized if you dont participate and are still exposed to it. Example at a UT football games, they do prayers. You get called out or stared at nastily if you dont bow your head. Imagine a smaller scale high school that is also in the Bible Belt.

the first amendment doesnt specifically say very much. Is Soddy Daisy a private school? Is the football field off campus? If its neither one of those thennnnn yeah.

Its definately a Hamilton County school, and the field is on campus, for sure. (As of 2009, I suppose)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

that doesnt change the fact that you are ostracized if you dont participate and are still exposed to it. Example at a UT football games, they do prayers. You get called out or stared at nastily if you dont bow your head. Imagine a smaller scale high school that is also in the Bible Belt.

Wait... They pray @ Neyland??

Haha, its ok for the federal government to promote Islam by building mosques all over the place but its unconstitutional to have a prayer over the loudspeaker in tennessee. Id do it anyway.

Last edited:

Definitely NOT private. Field is on the school grounds.

seperation.church.state....?? whats the discussion here, "the majority of people want to do it so lets do it"? Nothing against praying but people that pray aren't the only people in the world, or even in a small county in Tennessee. BTW No body is keeping people from praying, you just can't sanction it as a public event at a public institution.

Haha, its ok for the federal government to promote Islam by building mosques all over the place but its unconstitutional to have a prayer over the loudspeaker in tennessee. Id do it anyway.

the federal gov't is building mosques all over the place? Where is this happening?

The federal government is funding the construction of mosques all over the world. Maybe you should study up.

which has what to do with what's happening in the US? Do you think they've ever built a church or synagogue in another country? Are you against that as well?

VN Store

Back