#1 Plant vs Manatee (FL) on ESPN 8/27

volmanbill

The future is bright
Staff member
In a rematch of last year's Florida 5A Championship game, Plant and Manatee will face off on ESPN Friday night.

I have two kids at Plant and look forward to seeing some great football this year. Plant has won 3 of the last 4 State titles and looks strong again. This game should be interesting because it's a preseason game and will not count towards season standings.

Plant Panthers Football Team Fan Site - Plant vs Manatee on ESPN August 27

I went to Bayshore High in Bradenton and we played Manatee every year. And Plant was always good.

When I was there Peter Warrick played for Southeast in our division. There were some freak athletes back then.

Wilder (below) just committed to FSU. Ely should have a great year too.

Plant has some big kids. We saw them a lot this summer while there for baseball. They definitely put the time in.

Attachments

• 438D823339D24F9A98CF118C333BEACF.jpg
    438D823339D24F9A98CF118C333BEACF.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 105
In a rematch of last year's Florida 5A Championship game, Plant and Manatee will face off on ESPN Friday night.

I have two kids at Plant and look forward to seeing some great football this year. Plant has won 3 of the last 4 State titles and looks strong again. This game should be interesting because it's a preseason game and will not count towards season standings.

Plant Panthers Football Team Fan Site - Plant vs Manatee on ESPN August 27

preseason ? who cares !!! :eek:lol: :no: :birgits_giggle: :furious3:

I went to Plant High before my family moved to TN. My junior year at Plant ('92), we were 10-1 and our only loss was to Manatee led by Tommie Frazier (yes, the Nebraska QB Tommie Frazier). Both teams were undefeated when we played, and Frazier ran all over us. Manatee beat us 62-3 in an otherwise undefeated season. This is an awesome rivalry and I hate that it's just preseason and not a game that counts.

Luckily, we moved to TN and I made my way to UT. V, B!!!

Plant hasn't looked good in general tonight. It'll be interesting to see what the 2nd half brings. Considering it doesn't count for the standings, I doubt Plant will do anything crazy.

VN Store

Back