Is Muschamp that good? Why did he turn down ut then?

volberry

I didn't think much of him when he went to uf. I know he had an outstanding reputation as a dc and that if Texas was willing to give him the keys then he must have something the public didn't understand. But I didn't see this coming. I thought Foley was a fool for hiring him. So what is the reason he turned UT down when we interviewed him? Did administration not think enough of him to give him what a top coach needs to be hired? What was the package we offered him? Not that I want him now that he is covered in Gator filth, but this is an issue to not secure a good coach and let one of our main competitors get him and now look what happened.

Hopefully they have learned from the past events. If they had made a real hire it might have been us playing for the NC or a BCS game. Hopefully this go round we get the right man.

Is Muschamp good? Looks that way. Don't forget that the coaching ranks is a small fraternity in the scheme of things and my guess is it was widely known how much of a shambles the Vol situation was at the time. Why would Muschamp come here and leave the Texas keys behind knowing the programs state of affairs.

Please remember Muschamp had life long and childhood ties to Gainesville. Things like this are strong pulls to leave a program like Texas. Is Muschamp good? Ask yourself how has Texas fared since his departure. Not good.

I didn't think much of him when he went to uf. I know he had an outstanding reputation as a dc and that if Texas was willing to give him the keys then he must have something the public didn't understand. But I didn't see this coming. I thought Foley was a fool for hiring him. So what is the reason he turned UT down when we interviewed him? Did administration not think enough of him to give him what a top coach needs to be hired? What was the package we offered him? Not that I want him now that he is covered in Gator filth, but this is an issue to not secure a good coach and let one of our main competitors get him and now look what happened.

IIRC correctly, the rumor was that Muschamp wanted a $0 buyout clause for HC jobs at Georgia and Texas.

Hamilton would not agree - at least that is the rumor I heard.

And with the gators waxing the noles on the road and the canes in complete disarray, he will have his way with recruits who want to stay at home. Florida is not going away anytime soon. I know as I live there and have to bare the pain every time I wear orange.

IIRC, it was reported that Muchamp turned us down because of the lack of talent on the UT Roster. He did not want to tackle such a hard job of rebuilding

Reactions: 2 people
Would also think he could recruit easier in Texas and Florida. Also heard that he liked to break out the jorts on Sundays at the coaches offices. That wouldn't have gone over well in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Answer:

'Cause this is UT Football for the last, almost 10 years...

Dumpster-Fire.jpg

And like the eternal flame...it still burns today...

Reactions: 2 people
If people know UT is such a hot mess then Hart has his hands full. Sounds to me like Phil had his hands tied. Also makes sense why Lane wanted to leave.

Muschamp passed on UT because he knew he could get a better job.

So the UT job wasn't "good enough" for Muschump? I call BS on this. A brave, well compensated and capable coach will see UT for what it is, one of the best opportunities in all of college football to become a legend through the ressurection of a storied and once proud football program from the ashes of its near complete destruction. Returning it to the championship winning juggernaut that our players and all Vol fans everywhere deserve to be proud of again. The support has clearly been made available, state of the art training facilities, one of the largest stadiums in D1, the top recruiting budget, and it appears likely the highest paid HC in the NCAA. Florida, along with the rest of the SEC, better be ready. Its just a matter of time, no one will be sleeping on UT for much longer. Go Vols!

I honestly thought, IMO, that was a timing issue with Muschamp as it was with many candidates. Remember, Kiffy left with 2 weeks before nation signing day..couple with that the slow decline we've had as a program and there just wasn't much looking on the upswing. Now, it's a little different--Dooley basically did usher in a better foundation--brought a little more to the roster and the VFL program--so he did do a few positive things, unfortunately he didn't deliver the wins.

Reactions: 1 person
He wanted more money and stuff. If we paid more he would have took the job plus who would have wanted to work for mike hot seat Hamilton.

What?! #4 with an 11-1 record, in his 2nd year where all the so called experts expected 3rd in the East... I'd say Florida did a fine job in getting their man.

Straight up 100% pot of gold at the end of the rainbow waking up in a field of four leaf clovers luck. Plain and simple.

VN Store

Back