3117 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Association Football Thread Page 3. within the forum Sports Forum. Originally Posted by sportsnut624 Looks to have ended 2-0 US I'm glad to see one of our younger squads come ...

Go Back   VolNation > Sports Forums > Sports Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut624 View Post
Looks to have ended 2-0 US

I'm glad to see one of our younger squads come in and take care of business against a quality Honduras team. Didn't get to see the game, but on paper it looked to be one of US dominance.

Shots:
US 9(6)
Hon 3(2)

Corners:
US 8
Hon 2

If anyone watched, could we get a recap.
Yeah it seems like we dominated. I don't have FSC so I couldn't watch. just got updates on espn.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_fan89 View Post
Yeah it seems like we dominated. I don't have FSC so I couldn't watch. just got updates on espn.
Yeah me too. I love those gamecasts they provide. Its the best thing if you can't watch the game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
How uwe doo-in?!?

Good result tonight. Good effort by the team.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Sophmore Member

David villa to FC Barcelona.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
THE #1 COLLEGE DIFFENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by volball625 View Post
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Coach kicks player in the Gold Cup.
YouTube - COPA ORO 2009.JAVIER AGUIRRE'KARATE KID' ,MEXICO SIN VERGUENSA
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volball625 View Post
his reluctance to play in england is probably going to cost him

i dont know how he will fit in, in barca's 4-3-3 whether he can play in the center by himself.

Chuck in that he isnt exactly guarenteed to get a game every week if Eto'o doesn't leave, his rejection of Liverpool (and his spainsh striking partner Torres) could be a costly one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_vol View Post

i dont know how he will fit in, in barca's 4-3-3 whether he can play in the center by himself.

Chuck in that he isnt exactly guarenteed to get a game every week if Eto'o doesn't leave, his rejection of Liverpool (and his spainsh striking partner Torres) could be a costly one.
I agree. He needs to pray Eto'o leaves if he wants to be a consistent contributor.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Sophmore Member

Quote:

Well, Villa hasn't been confirmed yet so we will have to see.

Eto'o looks to be staying and if he does, where do you put Villa? Do you sit Henry? I don't like the idea of Villa being the highest striker. He is much better playing off of the highest striker like he does with Spain.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

Exactly, Eto'o has a week to decide if he wants to go to Man City or not..in other words does he want money or success, that will hing the deal but even if he rejects it i can see the deal going through anyway as Barca are going to want to be seen as doing something to counteract Madrids buys, and as deals on Fabregas(defintly not happening) and Mascherano are slow at best Villa looks to be the deal.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Sophmore Member

Quote:
Exactly, Eto'o has a week to decide if he wants to go to Man City or not..in other words does he want money or success, that will hing the deal but even if he rejects it i can see the deal going through anyway as Barca are going to want to be seen as doing something to counteract Madrids buys, and as deals on Fabregas(defintly not happening) and Mascherano are slow at best Villa looks to be the deal.
What do you think Barca does with the lineup if Eto'o stays and Villa is transferred?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #42 (permalink)

Then Guardiola is spoilt for choice lol

Obviously you can't leave out Messi on the left wing so it would be from Villa,Henry,Eto'o,Bojan and Helb(i would expect Hleb to leave)

I'd see it as
Messi - Villa - Henry

Even with Eto'o scoring 34 goals last season Barca still seemingly want rid - im not sure if its to get away from a loyalty bonus to be paid next month - of him so that would leave me to believe that again he would be the odd man out, but people thought that when Henry was bought so you never know with him.
It will also be unfortunate for Bojan who looks like a really good prospect for the future, and if he doesn't see many opportunities like Hleb i would expect to see him seek a move away - probably within Spain.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #43 (permalink)
How uwe doo-in?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
If the coach wants to get into it he needs to strap on some cleats. Other then that, stay out of it coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Sophmore Member

Quote:
Then Guardiola is spoilt for choice lol

Obviously you can't leave out Messi on the left wing so it would be from Villa,Henry,Eto'o,Bojan and Helb(i would expect Hleb to leave)

I'd see it as
Messi - Villa - Henry

Even with Eto'o scoring 34 goals last season Barca still seemingly want rid - im not sure if its to get away from a loyalty bonus to be paid next month - of him so that would leave me to believe that again he would be the odd man out, but people thought that when Henry was bought so you never know with him.
It will also be unfortunate for Bojan who looks like a really good prospect for the future, and if he doesn't see many opportunities like Hleb i would expect to see him seek a move away - probably within Spain.
Definitely need to loan Bojan out. Hleb is by all means gone in my mind. honestly, i think it would be sick with Messi on the right, Eto'o up front and Villa on the left side. I just can't see Henry staying healthy much less being a better option than any of the other three.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #45 (permalink)

Eto'o vs Henry for me depends on the reasoning for why they want to shift him. If it's to do with the loalty bonus and he doesn't go then they will start Eto'o, but as they tried to move him last year something tells me its more than that and if it is the manager wnating him out then every excuse not to start him will be found.
Reply With Quote TOP