Saban's agent contacts west virginia (merged)

droski

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed
Nick Saban’s Agent Contacts WVU « West BY GOD Virginia

:lolabove:

Rumors are hilarious. Every year I hear one like "Just heard that Spurriers wife was in Lexington looking at houses!"

I'll wait on a source outside the state of West Virginia to confirm these reports...but, if it's true, it would be hilarious.

Even if it isn't true, it's funny because people don't trust Saban enough to say, "Naw, he would do that."

Opposing fans should heckle Saban from the stands waving dollar bills, while chanting...sellout...sellout.

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed

:lolabove:

Droski...is this a joke?

If not...this is frickin awesome...

The only thing better is if he actually takes it :rock:

I gave you a link. when the premium board at wvsports confirms it me thinks it is probably true.

Jimbo Fisher and Saban will have to duel it out....I didn't know that Rod, Fisher, and Saban were all from WV until today....

Likely only a rumor but this would be AWESOME!

Bammers were all over the radio trashing Coach Rod - probably since he turned them down but now says it was an opportunity (Michigan) he couldn't pass up.

For Saban to go to WV would be absolutely classic!

Please Santa, I've been good this year....

I've tried to research this, to determine if its true.

I think the rumor started from this. Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, did contact WV. But he's also the agent for numerous coaches; Steve Spurrier, Fulmer, Tubberville, Houston Nutt, etc. So he did contact WVU but not on the behalf of Saban but another one of the coaches he's an agent for.

However it would be nice if it's true.

"Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.
Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University."

VN Store

Back