Who's laughing now? Noel Devine

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
They guy that everyone said would not even make it into college, other than himself, ran for 136 yards on 5 carries last night!

Having watched WVA for the last few seasons, I am becoming a huge believer in Rich Rodriguez. I have always known he was a decent coach, but I always figured that defenses would catch on and eventually slow these guys down.

Of course he has some special athletes right now, but even still, it looks like the WVA train will not be derailed anytime soon. I am beginning to have fewer doubts about what an RR offense could actually acomplish in the SEC.

Having watched WVA for the last few seasons, I am becoming a huge believer in Rich Rodriguez. I have always known he was a decent coach, but I always figured that defenses would catch on and eventually slow these guys down.

Of course he has some special athletes right now, but even still, it looks like the WVA train will not be derailed anytime soon. I am beginning to have fewer doubts about what an RR offense could actually acomplish in the SEC.

Are you relieved that he backed out of his deal with Bammer?

without white and slaton WVU would be a 5 win team, they make that offense go and we all know they can't play d worth anything. Their depth is also horrible. I think if they played 9 confernece games in a real conference rather than 7 they couldn't compete. devine did look good though did anyone else notice he got caught from behind twice? against maryland? I thought he had elite speed?

THANK YOU! I have been saying it for two years!

He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

without white and slaton WVU would be a 5 win team, they make that offense go and we all know they can't play d worth anything. Their depth is also horrible. I think if they played 9 confernece games in a real conference rather than 7 they couldn't compete. devine did look good though did anyone else notice he got caught from behind twice? against maryland? I thought he had elite speed?

Yes, their players now are special, but after two years, and a third this year, it seems like this is not just lightening in a bottle. RR can coach some football.

He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

Only when I am wearing my cleanest dirty shirt!

Yes, their players now are special, but after two years, and a third this year, it seems like this is not just lightening in a bottle. RR can coach some football.

He can certainly put an offense together. Defense? Not too great.

Considering he is in Morgantown, I think he has proven an ability to recruit.

Is that an out? You blamed the poor defense on lack of great athletes. He can recruit great offensive athletes to Morgantown but not great defensive ones?

he hasn't produced a good offense at WVU without white and slaton and when either of those guys have gone down they haven't scored. i think the jury is still out.

Is that an out? You blamed the poor defense on lack of great athletes. He can recruit great offensive athletes to Morgantown but not great defensive ones?

Not at all. He is an offensive minded coach with a beautiful offensive scheme. He is good enough to recruit some of the best RBs in the country. If he were known for he defense, he would get the defensive recruits.

The fact that he can talk anyone into playing in Morgantown is a miracle...much less the fact that Noel Divine, who was heavily recruited by UT tore Maryland a new one last night.

He has done very well with his limited resources.

he's got two elite players. neither were big recruits and it could be argued he lucked into both. devine is his only real recruiting victory and most thought he had no chance to qualify (a lot of schools didn't bother recruiting him). they have some speed at wr and fb, but i'd argue they have very few players that would start for the vols or cal.

he's got two elite players. neither were big recruits and it could be argued he lucked into both. devine is his only real recruiting victory and most thought he had no chance to qualify. they have some speed at wr and fb, but i'd argue they have very few players that would start for the vols or cal.

That used to be my thought as well. If that were the case, surely teams could have figured a way to stop two elite players by now. It is more than just two players. It is talent+skill+continuous execution.

he hasn't produced a good offense at WVU without white and slaton and when either of those guys have gone down they haven't scored. i think the jury is still out.

Do not question Lex! He has tasted good and evil in your bedrooms and your bars!

Not at all. He is an offensive minded coach with a beautiful offensive scheme. He is good enough to recruit some of the best RBs in the country. If he were known for he defense, he would get the defensive recruits.

The fact that he can talk anyone into playing in Morgantown is a miracle...much less the fact that Noel Divine, who was heavily recruited by UT tore Maryland a new one last night.

He has done very well with his limited resources.

Morgantown is small I am sure but it is not like they have never had any good football history. I don't call it a miracle talking a recruit to play in Morgantown. These kids are worshiped in small college towns like this.

He has done well, I will give him that. Always a little skeptical of annointing a coach that plays such easy schedules.

Morgantown is small I am sure but it is not like they have never had any good football history. I don't call it a miracle talking a recruit to play in Morgantown. These kids are worshiped in small college towns like this.

He has done well, I will give him that. Always a little skeptical of annointing a coach that plays such easy schedules.

That has been my hesitation as well. I am just blown away at the consistency of the program. He has won me over.

VN Store

Back