Rugby

Caleb59seal

Watching the US women rugby match. Rugby for sure can have a market here if they push. Very entertaining!

What station?

I played 3 years at UAB with no prior experience and developed an appreciation for the sport. The women’s matches would sometimes be the most violent

Bummed the World Sevens are in San Francisco two months after I move away from the Bay Area.

Watching the US women rugby match. Rugby for sure can have a market here if they push. Very entertaining!

I actually caught a big of it while eating lunch yesterday. It really was entertaining, even though I don't know a single rule. lol

I actually caught a big of it while eating lunch yesterday. It really was entertaining, even though I don't know a single rule. lol

About 2 years ago I tried to watch some on ESPN3 from Ireland. I had no idea what was going on but I kept watching until I could figure out what was going on and by the end of the game I think I got the gist of it. The whole throw in and they lift the dudes up is still wild to me though.

I tried the same thing with cricket and I watched a whole game and I still can't tell you exactly what was going on. All I followed was if you knock it out it's sorta like a home run.

about 2 years ago i tried to watch some on espn3 from ireland. I had no idea what was going on but i kept watching until i could figure out what was going on and by the end of the game i think i got the gist of it. The whole throw in and they lift the dudes up is still wild to me though.

I tried the same thing with cricket and i watched a whole game and i still can't tell you exactly what was going on. All i followed was if you knock it out it's sorta like a home run.
🤣

About 2 years ago I tried to watch some on ESPN3 from Ireland. I had no idea what was going on but I kept watching until I could figure out what was going on and by the end of the game I think I got the gist of it. The whole throw in and they lift the dudes up is still wild to me though.

I tried the same thing with cricket and I watched a whole game and I still can't tell you exactly what was going on. All I followed was if you knock it out it's sorta like a home run.

My first match was baptism by fire. I had practiced a few times beforehand but I only had a small grasp on the rules. The hardest part of the game was learning how to pace yourself through a 90 minute match and knowing when and where to take a breather. In my first match, I remember being completely exhausted, taking a look at the clock, and seeing it at 20 minute mark. I thought, **** I have 70 more minutes of this ****

I miss it though

My first match was baptism by fire. I had practiced a few times beforehand but I only had a small grasp on the rules. The hardest part of the game was learning how to pace yourself through a 90 minute match and knowing when and where to take a breather. In my first match, I remember being completely exhausted, taking a look at the clock, and seeing it at 20 minute mark. I thought, **** I have 70 more minutes of this ****

I miss it though
Do you think it could catch on here?

I caught on a little bit throughout the match, but most of the time when a call was made, I had no idea what happened. lol. Rough sport, though, for sure.

We had some rugby guys come teach us some
Tackling drills and techniques... and even some scheme stuff... pretty interesting for sure!

I caught on a little bit throughout the match, but most of the time when a call was made, I had no idea what happened. lol. Rough sport, though, for sure.

It seems to matter where to score... it’s on NBC now.

Do you have to touch the ball down in the 'endzone' area?

Do you have to touch the ball down in the 'endzone' area?

Yeah. You can cross the end zone but it’s not a score until the ball touches the ground. It sets up an easier conversion attempt so that’s why you see some guys run around the end zone before putting the ball dowm

Gottcha... so whenever they go down and another team mate gets over them... it’s so the ball doesn’t get held too long and becomes a turnover correct?
Not exactly. Honestly its probably the most confusing part of rugby. Once a player is tackled(knee or butt on the ground AND wrapped up by a defender) he has to relinquish control of the ball. You try to release the ball behind you so your team maintains possession and the offense can keep moving. Sometimes you’ll see both teams rucking over the ball, kinda like a scrum to gain possession.

The rules are kinda hard to explain especially for someone like me that learned how to play in college

Also why do they throw the guys up in the air to get the ball... do they have to throw it in, in the exact same spot as it went out?

Bc it’s fun as hell to get thrown in the air.

It kinda works the same as a jump ball in the NBA except your guy is throwing the ball in instead of a ref, if the other team lost possession. When I played I was the guy getting thrown into the air and it takes a lot of faith in your team to get comfortable

Cricket is Easy to follow once you know the basics.
An Inning is when all eleven have batted, no 3 outs.
An Over is six correctly bowled balls, this gets tricky when the bowler throws an illegal ball.
When the batter hits the ball over the rope it’s six points, four points for hitting the ball to the rope, and a run for every time you run to the other wicket.
The way to get them out is by catch, blocking the ball with your body to protect the wicket or not being in the box when the ball hits the wicket.

Not as confusing as an infield fly or a ground rule double or a bunt

7’s is a different version of Rugby. There are traditionally 15 players per side and it’s a 40 min half. The tackle rules can be hard to wrap your head around. The gist is that the ball is always live and possession is always contested.
For what it’s worth, UT has one of the better Rugby teams in the south. Highest winning percentage on campus other than lady Vols basketball.
Go watch them play.
University of Tennessee Men's Rugby

Cricket is Easy to follow once you know the basics.
An Inning is when all eleven have batted, no 3 outs.
An Over is six correctly bowled balls, this gets tricky when the bowler throws an illegal ball.
When the batter hits the ball over the rope it’s six points, four points for hitting the ball to the rope, and a run for every time you run to the other wicket.
The way to get them out is by catch, blocking the ball with your body to protect the wicket or not being in the box when the ball hits the wicket.

Not as confusing as an infield fly or a ground rule double or a bunt

But what about the wicked googly? :)

VN Store

Back