2018 Masters Tournament

volinbham

VN GURU
Didn't see a thread - if this needs to be in the golf thread merge away.

Today's Par 3 was the consummate example why this tournament is the greatest tribute to golf (and major).

The paring of Jack, Tom and Gary was phenomenal - 78, 68, 82 years old. Each shot under par. Tom won the whole thing (I know not all contenders are trying to win), Jack came in 3rd and Gary 9th.

The moment where Jack's grandson hit the hole in one (his first) on the last hole with Gary providing commentary was gold.

The interview with the 3 was as honest as anything you'll ever hear.

Feel horrible for the guy who dislocated his ankle celebrating his hole in one - ruined his first appearance in the Master's field.

Here's to a great next 4 days.

The Tony Finnau injury is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

Finau going to have MRI early am and if ok will tee it up. Dont know if there is a list of alternates if he cant go. Last year, Dustin Johnson hurt himself the night before and withdrew right at his tee time.

Finau going to have MRI early am and if ok will tee it up. Dont know if there is a list of alternates if he cant go. Last year, Dustin Johnson hurt himself the night before and withdrew right at his tee time.

No alternates at the Masters.

I can’t believe how calmly he popped it back into place.

He had to have done that before.

Exactly what I thought. And now they're saying it was "only" a dislocation and he's going to play.

DJ "fell" down the stairs........????????

Doubtful!:dunno:

Last edited:
DJ "fell" down the stairs........????????

Doubtful!:dunno:

Always thought that was odd, but I actually know somebody who knows the people who rented the house to DJ. The story is apparently 100% legit.

...and Vijay goes out and birdies 3 of the first 4. It never fails. A couple of 50 somethings get on the leaderboard the first couple of days.

Always thought that was odd, but I actually know somebody who knows the people who rented the house to DJ. The story is apparently 100% legit.

I've heard that "he fell down the stairs" is supposedly 100% true but also not the whole story. He did fall down them, but was supposedly near blackout drunk. :)

Tiger with 2 misses already off the tee. Missed holes 1 and 4 left with 3/5 wood.

Tiger is going to have to hit putts like the ones he missed on 5 and 6.

At this pace, there may be a lot of disappointed weekend patrons.

What do you mean? It looks like +4 will make the cut right now.

Seeing as that Tiger is about to go +4 through only 12 holes, he's on pace for a lot worse finish than that. I haven't seen anything from him yet to suggest that he is a threat.

See? He just needed me to doubt him. We'll see if he can build on that.

VN Store

Back