1369 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Golf Thread Page 501. within the forum Sports Forum. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #7501
Vols520

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
Getting out for first time in a long time tomorrow morning. Growing up played a my dad once a week. Havent played a him in a year now.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #7502
vol_in_ar

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
ordered a custom leather scirecard holder...it's pretty nice and the guy is great to work with...after exchaning emails with him on Tennesee ideas he came up with the checkerboard idea

Scoreholder 2.jpg

Scoreholder 5.jpg
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #7503
Vols520

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol_in_il View Post
ordered a custom leather scirecard holder...it's pretty nice and the guy is great to work with...after exchaning emails with him on Tennesee ideas he came up with the checkerboard idea

Attachment 43347

Attachment 43348
Pretty sweet. If u don't mind me asking what did he charge u.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #7504
vol_in_ar

70 bucks...but he has other models that are cheaper..

you can email him at greg.dibble@yahoo.com, and he'll send you his options and price list
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #7505
Vols520

Quote:

Attachment 43347

Attachment 43348
Pretty sweet. If u don't mind me asking what did he charge u.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #7506
Vols520

Quote:
70 bucks...but he has other models that are cheaper..

you can email him at greg.dibble@yahoo.com, and he'll send you his options and price list
Cool thanks man.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #7507
VOLS INC.
President/CEO

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols520 View Post
Getting out for first time in a long time tomorrow morning. Growing up played a my dad once a week. Havent played a him in a year now.
How was your round?

Me and Jonesey played Champions run Friday. It was pretty windy and we were pretty bad. The 1st hole is only about 305 and I drilled it off the tee box. I was about 15 yards out and left my pitch short. Putted from the fringe and left that short. Then missed my short par put.

15 yards away and I bogey

Goal for 2012: upgrade my short game from absolutely pathetic and laughable to just pretty damn bad.

Last edited by VOLS INC.; 01-09-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #7508
Vols520

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLS INC. View Post
How was your round?

Me and Jonesey played Champions run Friday. It was pretty windy and we were pretty bad. The 1st hole is only about 305 and I drilled it off the tee box. I was about 15 yards out and left my pitch short. Putted from the fringe and left that short. Then missed my short par put.

15 yards away and I bogey

Goal for 2012: upgrade my short game from absolutely pathetic and laughable to just pretty damn bad.
85. I am the worst driver of all time. Either a snap or a block every time.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #7509
VOLS INC.
President/CEO

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols520 View Post
85. I am the worst driver of all time. Either a snap or a block every time.
Well drivings not everything... I hit 8 of 15 Fairways using my driver on a pretty windy day and I was getting pretty good distance as well. YET I only had 1 GIR the whole damn round and that was on a Par 3.

I'm hitting too far behind the ball with my irons and yanking everything 20 yards left. Except for the 7 Iron I shanked trying to get cute with a shot. I need to hit the range BAAAAD!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #7510
Vols520

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLS INC. View Post
Well drivings not everything... I hit 8 of 15 Fairways using my driver on a pretty windy day and I was getting pretty good distance as well. YET I only had 1 GIR the whole damn round and that was on a Par 3.

I'm hitting too far behind the ball with my irons and yanking everything 20 yards left. Except for the 7 Iron I shanked trying to get cute with a shot. I need to hit the range BAAAAD!
Yeah my timing was way off. Hit my shirt irons well and putted and chipped okay.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #7511
crazyguy
resident beach bum

Living on a golf course is already paying off in my short game. I finally have a 30-80 yard pitch shot.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #7512
vol_in_ar

the key is getting to play on it..
I moved onto one here, and between the cost and the weather it really hasn't helped my game
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #7513
vols_fan_68

Played in a scramble yesterday at Ross Bridge in Birmingham Al, amazing course.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #7514
Vols520

78. Three three putts and missed three birdie putts 2-3 feet.

Hit the ball pretty good.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #7515
x chandman x

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
I don't know if anyone else here that follows the PGA would be interested in joining my yahoo fantasy golf league. If you are interested send me your email and I'll shoot you an invite.
Closed Thread