5646 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Golf Thread Page 11. within the forum Sports Forum. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #151
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
Whoooo! I get to play twice this weekend. Thank you Golfnow.com.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #152
Fine Vol
Go Vols

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
I need pokernow.com
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #153
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

The Golf Thread The Golf Thread The Golf Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexvol View Post
Whoooo! I get to play twice this weekend. Thank you Golfnow.com.
It always scares me to use those online services. I always wonder if they really are locking in the tee time.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #154
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
I don't know if they have made it south of ATL, but I have had a 100% success rate with Golfnow.com. I am playing for $22 and $16 dollars this weekend at $40 courses, and get a free round for every 10 rounds booked. You get credit for every tee time that you book, so if you book the foursome on your account, you get credit for four rounds booked.

The only down side to the cheap prices is that you usually have to play in the afternoon. In Lex that is not all bad, but in GA even some spring afternoons are just too brutal.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #155
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

Except for in July and August, I don't feel heat when I'm on the golf course.

Down here you are forced to either get used to it or move.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #156
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVol View Post
Except for in July and August, I don't feel heat when I'm on the golf course.

Down here you are forced to either get used to it or move.
Probably the biggest reason I could never move back.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #157
vol_in_ar

Tee times by EZLinks Golf, Inc.

EZ Links, is another website several folks I know use, that's worked well for them.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #158
VolinArizona
not in Arizona anymore

How high should I bid on this driver? I'm a beginner in my 2nd season, old clubs and old woods.

eBay: TaylorMade Firesole Driver Golf Club 8.5* GOOD COND NR (item 260110181897 end time Apr-27-07 11:59:00 PDT)
Old 04-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #159
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

Honestly, I would advise you not to buy that at all. I've never seen you swing a club, so take this FWIW . . .You probably are going to need more loft than that. I'd recommend something closer to 10-11 degree range.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #160
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
Quote:
Honestly, I would advise you not to buy that at all. I've never seen you swing a club, so take this FWIW . . .You probably are going to need more loft than that. I'd recommend something closer to 10-11 degree range.
Great advice. Those 8.5s are bears to hit.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #161
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

Quote:
Great advice. Those 8.5s are bears to hit.
That's what I swing.

Last edited by GAVol; 04-27-2007 at 01:52 PM..
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #162
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
Quote:
That's what I swing.
I have only test driven those. Of course I don't have your God given ability. I have found that 9.5s are best for me. When I go further down, it seems like some of my "natural draw" off the tee is straightened.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:55 PM   #163
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have only test driven those. Of course I don't have your God given ability. I have found that 9.5s are best for me. When I go further down, it seems like some of my "natural draw" off the tee is straightened.
I wish my "God given ability" would allow me to hook it occasionally. I couldn't draw my driver consistently if my life depended on it. The shaft in my Driver is probably too heavy and the loft too low, but I kind of like it because I pretty much can go after it and know that the left side of the golf course is not in play off the tee for me.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #164
holdemvol

Speaking of drivers, what is everyone swinging right now? I am using a TM R5 dual TP right now. I am just starting to try and play more thane twice a year again and have been impressed with the driver. VERY long and forgiving.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #165
Lexvol
I'm Your Huckleberry

The Golf Thread
It certainly adds a little distance for me when it is hitting on all cylinders. Right now I am hitting a Taylor Made 360 with an extra stiff shaft.
Closed Thread