Exhibit A Of Why I Can't Watch Soccer

VolnJC

[twitter]https://twitter.com/AwardsDarwin/status/868840587482603521[/twitter]

GiantsFlop.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I like soccer, but to compare the flopping that goes on in that sport to the flopping in basketball, football, hockey, or any other sport is a huge false equivalency.

Flopping is deeply ingrained in the sport, way more than it is in basketball, because the risk/reward is so favorable. Soccer is very low scoring. If you flop in the 18-yard box, at worst, you get a yellow for "simulation" (and that's pretty rare). At best, you get a chance from the penalty spot. A lot of these guys even give up what look to be like good scoring chances in favor of flopping, because they know if they get the PK they have a better chance of scoring than if they tried to score during their scoring chance.

Until they start routinely handing out yellows and reds for flops, especially for flops in and around the 18-yard box in an attempt to draw PKs, it will continue to be an over-the-top problem in soccer.

Reactions: 1 person
Soccer is a napper's 2nd favorite thing to watch. Golf is 1st but not by much.

Complete boredom.

Just goes to show most of you have no idea about the sport. And if you want to talk boredom there is always a lengthy discussion for baseball being #1. Awful sport which is losing viewers and participation

Reactions: 1 person
And?

You don't like it because it does something worse than the others? Kind of a silly reason.

No because in other sports they don't flop and then act like they need an ambulance...to even compare the level is to have your head in the sand

Just goes to show most of you have no idea about the sport. And if you want to talk boredom there is always a lengthy discussion for baseball being #1. Awful sport which is losing viewers and participation

baseball is a great sport but not for everyone...I'm always busy charting pitches and keeping score...I sometimes will follow one player for an inning just to see how he adjusts for different situations.

Agreed about baseball as well. It's probably 3rd just behind soccer on the guide to napping. I don't know how I did it but I played soccer and baseball up through high school so I know plenty.

Utter snooze fest.

No because in other sports they don't flop and then act like they need an ambulance...to even compare the level is to have your head in the sand

You literally just said because it's worse than other sports, which is exactly what I said.

For me it is...better than watching two teams running up and down the field for 90 minutes..only to settle 0-0 score on penalty kicks with the occasional break so the ambulance and medical crews can evaluate a serious injury ..only to have the player hop up after 5 minutes to resume play

Agreed about baseball as well. It's probably 3rd just behind soccer on the guide to napping. I don't know how I did it but I played soccer and baseball up through high school so I know plenty.

Utter snooze fest.

I can play golf but don't really like watching it other than majors and maybe the higher profile tournaments.

You literally just said because it's worse than other sports, which is exactly what I said.

Never said that it doesn't happen in other sports..but it can effect a soccer match more often and you don't see NBA guys laying on the court for 5 minutes if their flop didn't work

VN Store

Back