3371 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Page 2. within the forum Sports Forum. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 05-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #16
Rishvol

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer View Post
Everybody on VN shoots in the 60s you could probably get a game.
We're talking front 9 right
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
1972 Grad

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVol View Post
It's not so much the scores. It's the VN driving distances that are so intimidating.
Not from me. Age has finally caught up with me. I got on a Trackman, and I have lost about 15 mph clubhead speed and 30 yards carry distance with the driver from age 50 to age 67. It sucks when you know that the only way to go now is down.

I guess that is what senior tees are for, but I can still play from members' tees. I moved up from the blues about age 60. I have only lost about 10 yards on the irons. I never swung hard at them anyway.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 PM   #18
OrngeJuiceJones

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Played since I was 5, played AJGA, high school, college, and golf academy of America grad. I need to play more golf in and around Knoxville. We should do a volnation scramble.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #19
1972 Grad

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Played since I was 5, played AJGA, high school, college, and golf academy of America grad. I need to play more golf in and around Knoxville. We should do a volnation scramble.
I noticed your location. About 35 years ago, I lived off the Access Road on Claytor Lake on a Dublin rural route.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #20
creekerballer
VP of Drunken Relations

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
Would be neat, I still haven't played any in Knoxville but since my sister moved there it gives me a reason to go play some down there now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #21
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 Grad View Post
Not from me. Age has finally caught up with me. I got on a Trackman, and I have lost about 15 mph clubhead speed and 30 yards carry distance with the driver from age 50 to age 67. It sucks when you know that the only way to go now is down.

I guess that is what senior tees are for, but I can still play from members' tees. I moved up from the blues about age 60. I have only lost about 10 yards on the irons. I never swung hard at them anyway.
Look at it this way. 30 years ago, losing 15 mph would have you bunting it around playing old man golf. Now, the ball doesn't spin anymore and there's a shaft for everything. It's just a minor inconvenience figuring that out and you'll be able to play until you can't stand anymore.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #22
1972 Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVol View Post
Look at it this way. 30 years ago, losing 15 mph would have you bunting it around playing old man golf. Now, the ball doesn't spin anymore and there's a shaft for everything. It's just a minor inconvenience figuring that out and you'll be able to play until you can't stand anymore.
I have gone from 107 mph to 92 in 17 years. Pretty big difference.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #23
OrngeJuiceJones

Quote:
I noticed your location. About 35 years ago, I lived off the Access Road on Claytor Lake on a Dublin rural route.
You wouldn't even recognize this area now. I live off exit 98 in Dublin near Wade's and the old Dublin High school if you remember either of those
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #24
Orange&White

For the people who live in Knoxville or East Tennessee, what are your favorite public courses to play?

I like Sevierville, Graysburg, Egwani, and Patriot Hills.

WindRiver is nice, but tough. Especially if it is windy. I have not gotten to play River Islands in Kodak.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #25
VOLALUM

I always liked River Islands. Well kept and semi-challenging. Centennial in Oak Ridge is about the same, but that place has my number.

Willow Creek also looks nice. Havent played it on over a decade, but I drove by it daily when I lived there up until last year.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 10:21 PM   #26
OrngeJuiceJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLALUM View Post
I always liked River Islands. Well kept and semi-challenging. Centennial in Oak Ridge is about the same, but that place has my number.

Willow Creek also looks nice. Havent played it on over a decade, but I drove by it daily when I lived there up until last year.
Centennial is very nice, some small fairways and greens in places. Wide open in others. Plenty tough. Willow Creek is always in decent shape.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #27
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Holston #1 for sure. If I lived in Knoxville I would join in a second

Fox Den #2. Different style course and the membership is different too, so go check them out and see what's more your style. Would definitely consider if you're on the west side of town.

Cherokee is the epitome of a classic club course. Its fine but nothing special. I'd recommend if you're interested in social/networking - which you said you're not.

Not a big fan of Gettysvue. Nothing special about it in any respect.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 11:10 PM   #28
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs Knoxville Golf and Country Clubs
Quote:
When did you play AJGA?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 11:11 PM   #29
1972 Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs View Post
Holston #1 for sure. If I lived in Knoxville I would join in a second

Fox Den #2. Different style course and the membership is different too, so go check them out and see what's more your style. Would definitely consider if you're on the west side of town.

Cherokee is the epitome of a classic club course. Its fine but nothing special. I'd recommend if you're interested in social/networking - which you said you're not.

Not a big fan of Gettysvue. Nothing special about it in any respect.
I have always liked Holston since the first time I played it 50 years ago this Summer. Didn't someone buy it recently, and are going to put a bunch of money into it?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #30
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

Quote:
I have always liked Holston since the first time I played it 50 years ago this Summer. Didn't someone buy it recently, and are going to put a bunch of money into it?
Not sure about that. Been a couple years since I've been there.

I guess I should preface my response that my opinions are a few years out of date aside from just recent second hand feedback

Last edited by golfballs; 05-22-2017 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP