The official Fed vs Rafa Aussie Open final

beergood

Who ya got??? Feds my boy. He is gonna whoop Rafa, and continue to extend his Slam record...

Venus and Serena are American treasures. I was pulling for Venus, but I'm happy for Serena. Classy ladies.

Sorry for the brief thread hijacking.

I'm right there with you, beergood. Can't wait to watch this match tonight. Crazy that each did exactly enough make it to the final to meet the other to continue their historic rivalry.

Neither should be here and each is coming off missed time due to major injury. Before the injury, Federer was playing well but has clearly lost a little something at age 35. Nadal has not been the same player in recent times due largely to a lack of confidence. He has looked pedestrian and lost matches he never ever would have lost a few years ago. At times, though, both Fed and Nadal have looked in outstanding form in Australia.

I pick Federer to win in 4 or 5 close sets. The difference is that I think Federer is playing loose and isn't feeling pressure. On hard court, as long as his serve is there, I think he can find a way to beat Nadal. Especially if he can start out strong and win the first set. In the past, Federer has failed to capitalize on tiny windows of opportunity presented in their matches.

Nadal has Federer's number and that always seems to give him a confidence boost. Tonight could be more of the same.

However, I see Federer coming out strong and taking advantage of an early break in the 1st set, taking a second set tie-break and then taking a late break in the 4th to win his 18th grand slam title. 6-3, 7-6, 4-6, 7-5.

Feels good, man!

Attachments

• Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-Tennis-Australian-Open-2017.jpg
    Roger-Federer-Rafael-Nadal-Tennis-Australian-Open-2017.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back