Official 116th U.S. Open Championship Thread

Some guy named Landry is at 5 under. Next closest is 2 and only a handful under par. Bubba on a roll.

Rory is my favorite golfer and this has been a bad bad start. What do you guys think he will have to shoot second round to make cut? Im thinking 2 under which doesn't seem likely. That means im thinking cut line is about +5.

That may be too low.

I think so too. The cut line is bound to move up. Right now, there are 71 guys at +5 or better, BUT there are literally 50 players between +2 and +8 that haven't even started their 2nd round yet AND the course is drying out and is going to play faster.

The number at the beginning of the 2nd round was +3. I'm thinking the number will be more like +7 or even +8 by tomorrow afternoon.

Cut line is right on the edge of moving up to +6. 13 guys tied for 48th. If one of them loses another shot, it'll raise the cut to 6 and bring in 10 more guys currently tied for 61st. Not sure I can ever remember seeing 23 players either at the cut line or 1 shot off.

I thought it was dumb the way they scheduled after the rain. Playing 18 vs several just sitting around Friday.

Not sure what they could've done any differently. They didn't really have any choice.

Force the guys who played Thursday to play Friday afternoon instead of turning around the Friday morning players. That way the only guys likely playing 36 on a day are those that make the cut Saturday.

And look who is lurking if the leaders drop back 3 or 4 Day could be a factor. Personally I hope him or DJ or Dechambeau get it done.

Lowry has not had a great day, but is still in it. DJ has a 2 shot lead with 7 holes left.

Garcia hanging around too.

VN Store

Back