Les Miles last game

volfan1231

Watching Texas A&M against LSU in what many believe will be Les Miles last game at LSU. I'll say this I am a die hard Vol fan and have been for nearly 25 years. I've rooted for LSU in the SEC West since Les Miles got there. I believe he is a great coach, classy guy, and has done a lot for that program.

If he goes out this way I truly hate to see it and wish him the best of luck.

Yeah and I'm glad! I posted it at the start of the LSU game. I still think LSU done him and that program dirty by leaving everybody wondering.

That's pretty stupid to do sitting on the kind of recruiting class he's got right now.

it's November. They wanted Miles to feel the heat. Perhaps, they had a 5* coach in the wings ready to accept and he backed out, so they stuck with Miles. I'll never fault a program for wanting to win it all. You don't play to come in 2nd or 3rd, you play to win it all. Miles has to know that he's got to topple Alabama. That's the end game. It better be the end game for Butch, and I hope Dave Hart has made that blatantly clear.

The fact than any talk about his dismissal and the ad hadn't came out and gave Les his support is not cool. The Les story had been front page news for over a week and that dont happen from people calling in on sports talk. That's from a poorly run AD.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact than any talk about his dismissal and the ad hadn't came out and gave Les his support is not cool. The Les story had been front page news for over a week and that dont happen from people calling in on sports talk. That's from a poorly run AD.

I agree with you 100%. I'm not faulting an organization that has the desire to win it all. I'm faulting how the Athletic Director handled the situation. When you have those kind of rumours floating around, if you have no desire to fire the man- it's best to nip them in the butt.

I guess I don't know where they would look to find a guy to replace Les Miles. Yes, they probably want to win another Championship, but good luck winning it in today's era of football.

Les Miles Statistics
Best win pct as LSU head football coach:
Les Miles .775 (110-32)
Nick Saban .750 (48-16)
Bill Arnsparger .750 (26-8-2)
(min. 25 games)

Two Conference Campionships
One National Title
Recruited a Top Ten class every year he's been there.

Good luck replacing a guy who's accomplished all if that.

Yeah and I'm glad! I posted it at the start of the LSU game. I still think LSU done him and that program dirty by leaving everybody wondering.

That's pretty stupid to do sitting on the kind of recruiting class he's got right now.

Fulmer had a top 10 class in the wings when he was fired.

While I don't think they should have fired Miles (threatened) or Richt, I do think if the AD feels the program isn't where it needs to be then it's up to them to make the change. One recruiting class shouldn't weigh too heavily in the decision.

Last edited:
Report: LSU negotiated with Jimbo Fisher but money was an issue | Yardbarker.com

Fisher has a $5 million buyout and would command more than $5 million a year as a coach, plus the cost to hire him a satisfactory staff would have been around $5 million, according to The Advocate. When you combine that with the $15 million it would have cost to buy out Miles, the total to make a coaching switch would have been around $30 million. That’s a hefty price to replace a coach who ultimately has been pretty successful.

Report: LSU negotiated with Jimbo Fisher but money was an issue | Yardbarker.com

Fisher has a $5 million buyout and would command more than $5 million a year as a coach, plus the cost to hire him a satisfactory staff would have been around $5 million, according to The Advocate. When you combine that with the $15 million it would have cost to buy out Miles, the total to make a coaching switch would have been around $30 million. That’s a hefty price to replace a coach who ultimately has been pretty successful.

That's some $$$

VN Store

Back