New sports talk radio

Wake me up when Nashville gets a radio station that doesn't talk Titans or Vandy all day long. :snoring:

Much much much more vol talk than Vandy talk in Nashville radio

Don't give Nashville a bad rap as a city that is even remotely interested in Vandy

Reactions: 7 people
Maybe I just missed it but did they say when it will begin airing?

Wake me up when Nashville gets a radio station that doesn't talk Titans or Vandy all day long. :snoring:

Bill King is on WNSR from 7-9am. It's basically all CFB talk, and he hardly ever mentions Vandy.

102.5/94.7 is the pro-Vandy station. Every other station practically ignores VU.

Reactions: 1 person
Bill King is on WNSR from 7-9am. It's basically all CFB talk, and he hardly ever mentions Vandy.

102.5/94.7 is the pro-Vandy station. Every other station practically ignores VU.

104.5 in the mornings will not stfu about the titans. God it gets old. I miss Ainge.

I really wish Nashville would get a 3rd FM sports radio station that has a good signal strength. Other than some of the Wake Up Zone and The Midday 180, I really don't like any of 104.5 or 102.5. 3HL is just complete crap now.

I really wish Nashville would get a 3rd FM sports radio station that has a good signal strength. Other than some of the Wake Up Zone and The Midday 180, I really don't like any of 104.5 or 102.5. 3HL is just complete crap now.

Ugh I hate The Wake-up Zone. Frank Wycheck is one of the worst radio personalities I've heard. I do like The Midday 180 though. I just rarely get to listen to it.

Reactions: 1 person
Ugh I hate The Wake-up Zone. Frank Wycheck is one of the worst radio personalities I've heard. I do like The Midday 180 though. I just rarely get to listen to it.

Yeah, it's not even that good. I think Kevin Ingram is a good guy and tries to be professional but that's hard to do with the 2 bozos he's with. Howard is obnoxious and Wycheck is just a trainwreck; his voice is too high and whiny to be on the radio and listening to him discuss other sports besides football is painful. Not to mention he won't shut up. And my goodness Howard yo-yos in weight more than Oprah Winfrey.

Am I the only one who likes Wycheck? I think he's hilarious and I love it when he agitates Mark, which is quite often.

Am I the only one who likes Wycheck? I think he's hilarious and I love it when he agitates Mark, which is quite often.

My problem with him is the only reason he got the job is he played for the Titans. Granted I know tons of guys get radio gigs for the same reason, but IMHO he really brings nothing to the table unless it's football related and even then it's not great.

And aa I said, his voice is as about as bad for radio as it gets.

Much much much more vol talk than Vandy talk in Nashville radio

Don't give Nashville a bad rap as a city that is even remotely interested in Vandy

I bet your average Nashville sports fan is interested in MTSU a lot more than they're interested in Vandy. It's good that Nashvegas is a Tennessee Vols town but It probably always was even during the three decent seasons Vandy had in a row.

My problem with him is the only reason he got the job is he played for the Titans. Granted I know tons of guys get radio gigs for the same reason, but IMHO he really brings nothing to the table unless it's football related and even then it's not great.

And aa I said, his voice is as about as bad for radio as it gets.

I think Blaine Bishop's voice is way worse than Wycheck's. Both guys have gigs because they are ex-Titans, though. You are 100% correct about that.

I bet your average Nashville sports fan is interested in MTSU a lot more than they're interested in Vandy. It's good that Nashvegas is a Tennessee Vols town but It probably always was even during the three decent seasons Vandy had in a row.

I think you might be right. MTSU has a much larger alumni base in the Middle TN region, and even though the majority of students and alumni are apathetic towards MT athletics (as is VU's students and alumni), the numbers alone would suggest this is at least possible.

I disagree. Much like Shelby said, MTSU does have a much larger alumni base but that doesn't mean a larger fan base. MTSU struggles to get 20,000 into Floyd stadium and its usually more in the 10-15k range. Sure it helps Vandy that when big name opponents come in it fills the stadium but even when its a low Div 1 or a Div 1a team there are never as many empty seats and MTSU. Neither students nor fans go to MTSU games.

When I listen, I'm listening to 104.5 (will not listen to Plaster and WNSR isn't the same without Bill King imo) and I hear far more Vandy talk than MTSU talk. Far, far more.

I disagree. Much like Shelby said, MTSU does have a much larger alumni base but that doesn't mean a larger fan base. MTSU struggles to get 20,000 into Floyd stadium and its usually more in the 10-15k range. Sure it helps Vandy that when big name opponents come in it fills the stadium but even when its a low Div 1 or a Div 1a team there are never as many empty seats and MTSU. Neither students nor fans go to MTSU games.

When I listen, I'm listening to 104.5 (will not listen to Plaster and WNSR isn't the same without Bill King imo) and I hear far more Vandy talk than MTSU talk. Far, far more.

Bill King is back on WNSR from 7-9a.

I wouldn't agree about MTSU; they struggle to get a ton of interest even in Murfreesboro, much less the rest of Middle TN. I know a ton of MTSU graduates but only a few of them are diehard Blue Raider fans. The majority root for another major school (mostly Alabama) and treat MTSU like a second team. A few of them are even mainly Vandy fans before MTSU (which is really weird to me).

If they ever had a major upset and/or went undefeated and got the "Other 5" New Year's 6 bowl spot, then interest might spike some, but otherwise they're still just a blip on the sports radar.

VN Store

Back