The Unsanctioned and Unofficial Open Championship Thread

volinbham

VN GURU
Who you like?

Would love to see Spieth keep it rolling. Wonder if he hurt his chances by honoring his commitment to the John Deere.

Sergio. Should be fun, St Andrews needs the miserable weather to be able to fight back.

I would love to see Spieth, Fowler, D. Johnson, and McIlroy at the top of their games fight it out down the stretch. Unfortunately no McIlroy this week, and the others .....who knows?

It's clear I don't understand the World Golf Rankings. Spieth is #2 to McIlroy. Spieth has more wins (4 vs 3) more 2nd places (3 vs 1), more 3rd places (1 vs 0) more top 10s (11 vs 8) and fewer missed cuts (2 vs 3).

Spieth has 2 majors, McIlroy has none.

Must be based on something last year

It's clear I don't understand the World Golf Rankings. Spieth is #2 to McIlroy. Spieth has more wins (4 vs 3) more 2nd places (3 vs 1), more 3rd places (1 vs 0) more top 10s (11 vs 8) and fewer missed cuts (2 vs 3).

Spieth has 2 majors, McIlroy has none.

Must be based on something last year

It's complicated but the ranking accounts for performance over a rolling 2 year period.

23 guys at -4 or better and John Friggin Daly at -3. It's a pitch and putt out there in some places until the wind fires up.

Why is the oldest course on Earth greener than that POS Chambers Bay?
They've had 400 years to improve and failed miserably... I didn't mind making it firm And brown, but the hit it in the clown's mouth, windmill, putt putt greens were awful.

DJ will be hard to beat with his length off the tee this week.
But it's "the Home of Golf", so it's always fun to watch. Definitely a bucket list item. The elements and tee times,as always,will have a say in who wins.

Spieth is a machine. Showed up Monday. Joked about playing the course on his Playstation. Shoots 5 under.

It's complicated but the ranking accounts for performance over a rolling 2 year period.

Yeah I could see that it goes back about 50 tournaments. It's just hard to see a guy that's won 4 with 2 being the first 2 majors not being #1.

Well Rory did win the last 2 majors last year and the WGC this year,so that is why
Rory is still #1... But Jordan will take over as #1 if he wins this week. I really hate it
That he ruptured his ankle tendon. It would've been fun watching DJ, JS and him go at it
On The Old Course

Heard today: Tiger Woods should have won the Arthur Ashe Courage Award for continuing to play golf in public

Why is the oldest course on Earth greener than that POS Chambers Bay?
They've had 400 years to improve and failed miserably... I didn't mind making it firm And brown, but the hit it in the clown's mouth, windmill, putt putt greens were awful.

DJ will be hard to beat with his length off the tee this week.
But it's "the Home of Golf", so it's always fun to watch. Definitely a bucket list item. The elements and tee times,as always,will have a say in who wins.

I played in 2009. It's an awesome experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Also played Carnoustie, and I enjoyed Carnoustie a lot more, but the nostalgia of the Old Course makes it an amazing experience.

Weather tomorrow is going to suck. Then the wind on Saturday is supposed to be ridiculous. Numbers will be going up.

I played in 2009. It's an awesome experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Also played Carnoustie, and I enjoyed Carnoustie a lot more, but the nostalgia of the Old Course makes it an amazing experience.

Nostalgia definitely makes it great. Played 5 Open courses on a trip 2 years ago. Played St Andrews 2 days after the women's Open and we got permission to play the championship tees which is about 250 yards shorter than the guys are playing this week. Awesome experience.

So they sent the 2nd round finishers out and then stopped play after some played 2 holes.

and some played no holes....I'd be pissed if I were the players that played two wholes while nobody else hit a shot. Big mistake by the R&A

Just announced. Second round will finish today, third will be tomorrow, and will be a Monday finish. I'm sure lots of WD's from the Canadian Open now

VN Store

Back