2015 ESPYs

Maybe it took a lot of courage and maybe it was a lot of attention whoring. We don't really know. I'll give benefit of doubt. I imagine Jenner had a lot of fears to overcome...that being said, it's not like he killed Hitler to obtain a cure for cancer.

Lauren Hill lived her dream of playing college basketball and died of a brain tumor. All the while, she raised over $1 million to fight cancer. All she got was the "Best Moment" award and a 10 minute tv segment. Jenner gets a 20 minute segment, an entire documentary, and an ESPY for trying to become a female. What the heck is wrong with this freaking world?

Reactions: 2 people
If he was so courageous, it wouldn't have taken him 30-40 years to do it.

He had to wait for Kim to get pissed on by another celebrities' brother as his wife's former husband defended a known killer.

Now he's waiting to get permission to spell his name with a "K".

A family of freaks if you ask me. That's what people like though.

Sad that Kris and Brutlyn's claim to fame are him in the olympics/her being married to an OJ lawyer/Kim being friends with Paris Hilton while banging Brandy's brother.

The only thing I commend Bruce for... putting up with that s*** show. And why would he? Fame. Money. The Kashians became the bread winners because the public likes stupid crap. The daughters aimed for fame with the players they dated(no different than a groupie). They decided rappers are bigger losers and easier to nab.

Bruce is a sellout. Reggie Bush, Kris Humphries, Miles Austin.... even Scott wussy Disick left. It took insecure Kanye and dress wearing Jaden Smith(Scientologist parents let him move out at 16) to mold their family into then truest form of the beast. They even let 25 year old Tyga bang their plastic 15 year old daughter to carry the torch. What a f***ed up family.

The only thing impressive about Bruce... having to deal with the family he chose to be apart of. He sold out in the end for the fame if you ask me. Rich and fame at all costs(Kardashian way). Then again, I'd chop my wiener off(he hasn't though) and crash into other drivers killing them too if I lived that life. Then I'd tell the family of the victims that they deserve nothing cause they aren't real family. Award worthy.

I don't like Mayweather and think there are many, if not most MMA fighters better than Mayweather at fighting. With that being said....

Mayweather loses to Rousey.

Bruce wins the award for being a woman.

A transgender and woman fighter both won awards over more deserving people... and yet people think the country is racist/backwards. I think the media is too politically correct and we're being force-fed bull.

As someone who hates Mayweather, I find Rousey to be a turd a in a punch bowl by running her roided mouth after the fact. Win the award and move on. I bet 50 wishes he had. He's now broke while an illiterate he took issue with is making bank.

We live in a world where the biggest mouth is the most represented. Doesn't mean it should be the most respected.

ESPY Awards Takes Criticism for Giving 'Courage Award' to 'Caitlyn Jenner'

The producer of ESPN’s ESPY awards show admits that honoring the former Bruce Jenner with the Arthur Ashe Courage in Sports Award came not through any vote but a decision she made in consultation with her staff.

Oh. Now I see why Rousey and Caitlyn won awards.

Why is a woman producing a male dominated sport and demographic again?

Political correctness. Jobs for all. Women and minorities unfairly treated.

Night.

I don't like Mayweather and think there are many, if not most MMA fighters better than Mayweather at fighting. With that being said....

Mayweather loses to Rousey.

Bruce wins the award for being a woman.

A transgender and woman fighter both won awards over more deserving people... and yet people think the country is racist/backwards. I think the media is too politically correct and we're being force-fed bull.

As someone who hates Mayweather, I find Rousey to be a turd a in a punch bowl by running her roided mouth after the fact. Win the award and move on. I bet 50 wishes he had. He's now broke while an illiterate he took issue with is making bank.

We live in a world where the biggest mouth is the most represented. Doesn't mean it should be the most respected.

I completely agree with what you said about Jenner, but Rousey absolutely deserved her award. She is pound for pound the most dominant champion MMA has ever seen. No one has ever managed to go the distance with her. She has finished her last three fights combined in less than two minutes. Lastly, she has fought multiple times over the past year whereas Mayweather has fought once.

Last edited:
Rousey absolutely deserved her award. She is pound for pound the most dominant champion MMA has ever seen.

Well yeah, but the competition is a joke. The women's division is too new for her dominance to be meaningful in comparison to men. The talent pool for men is deep.

Be that as it may, she can only fight the competition the UFC puts in front of her, which has been the best in her division, and she has destroyed them. My real point, however, was just that she was more deserving than Mayweather.

Right, but my point is dominating a new female sport is nothing like dominating a traditional men's sport. She can only fight the people in front of her but the question to me is what is the bigger achievement? It's like Rousey is the best in Peru and Mayweather is the best in North America.

I almost watched just for Joel McHale. That probably helped ratings. I don't know how he did, but he's usually great at this stuff.

I've never caught more the 20 minutes of the ESPYs, but I'll be damned if I watch when Drake hosts.

I almost watched just for Joel McHale. That probably helped ratings. I don't know how he did, but he's usually great at this stuff.

I've never caught more the 20 minutes of the ESPYs, but I'll be damned if I watch when Drake hosts.

Meh, doubt it helped that much. It's not like it helped Community on NBC.

Meh, doubt it helped that much. It's not like it helped Community on NBC.

Yeah, but Community isn't what he's good at, though I agree he probably didn't help much with ESPY ratings. My point was more about Drake probably hurting last year's rating (thus the huge increase), but that's probably not even true. Just a joke.

Was McHale good?

VN Store

Back