UFC 189 - July 11th @ 10PM ET

unconventional
UFC Featherweight Championship (interim)
Chad Mendes(17-2) vs. Conor McGregor(17-2)

UFC Welterweight Championship
(c) Robbie Lawler(25-10) vs. Rory MacDonald(18-2)

Dennis Bermudez(14-4) vs. Jeremy Stephens(23-11)

Gunnar Nelson(13-1-1) vs. Brandon Thatch(11-2)

Brad Pickett(24-10) vs. Thomas Almeida(19-0)

I'll say outright that I don't like the weight classes on this card. But there are two titles on the line and I have nothing else to do. Happy 4th of July!

If only I were drunk and still believed it was 4th of July... that would be a party. I'll see what I can do about tonight. I have plenty of beer on hand should I choose. I also have some left over chinese I need to take care of but beers and burgers or steak with the fights would sure hit the spot. Decisions, decisions.

Also, I haven't followed the UFC as closely in the past year or so even though I love the sport and have nothing against it. I've just grown more busy I guess. With that being said, who is supposed to be the jerk in the main event? McGregor? I honestly don't recall hearing him speak in interviews.

If this were heavyweights or light heavyweights, I'd know for sure what's happening. But as I've paid attention less and never really cared for smaller fighters(less damage, more decisions) to begin with, I'm not too sure about some of the smaller fighters anymore as far as being a fan of any specifically. Hasn't Bendo been sucking?

On top of of not caring for the weight classes, should note that while looking up their records, I noticed most of the fighters outside of the main event(s) are coming off of a loss(some of them two). In other words, I'm really only watching this for the title fights. As I'm sure everyone else is.

Last edited:
36 years old vs. 23 years old

I'm intrigued in the fight now just due to the vast age difference and I assume experience difference. Unless the 36 year old came to the party late and the 23 year old was training back as early as high school, the 36 year old probably has like 10 years more in experience.

Whoa. That was an insane knee.

What a turn aorund. The fight was going the other direction completely til that happened.

So... they pointed to stars in the crowd and showed Wilmer Vldarama... still waiting to see a star. Fes ain't no star.

I bet Chili Peppers pissed he has to sit next to the nard-dog. It was nice how Goldberg acted like he's second rate to Fes. Red Hot Chili Peppers > Fes.

Wow... 2 fights, 2 finishes. I'm impressed they're getting it done tonight without the judges.

Bermudez vs. Stephens has been a really good fight through 2 rounds.

Make that 3 finishes..

Jeremy Stephens went alpha after the win. That knee, what?

Lame round 1.

Joe Rogan... who the hell knows who won that round?

lol

Now this is a fight!

And Rory seems like a good dude. When there was under 10 seconds left, he started pulling up on his punches because he didn't want to cheap shot him after the bell. He should have kept going though. But yeah, you could see in the final 10 seconds, he was worried about the clock expiring and throwing punches after the bell. At least I think so anyways.

VN Store

Back