FIFA Officials Arrested/Indicted

bamawriter

Nine FIFA executives and 5 sports marketing executives have been charged with (or have alread pleaded to) corruption, racketeering, fraud, and various financial crimes in an indictment that was unsealed this morning.

Link

I hope the Feds burn that corrupt organization to the ground.

Nine FIFA executives and 5 sports marketing executives have been charged with (or have alread pleaded to) corruption, racketeering, fraud, and various financial crimes in an indictment that was unsealed this morning.

Link

I hope the Feds burn that corrupt organization to the ground.

Agreed. I love soccer but hate fifa. Most corrupt pigs in the world.

And people think the NCAA is corrupt.

Reactions: 1 person
So did they actually do anything to hurt anyone? Bribes over sporting event locations seems like a non-issue.

The construction efforts for the 2022 World Cup are on pace to kill more people (mostly slave laborers) than 9/11.

Honest question cause I know nothing about it, but does FIFA have any say on how hosts treat their laborers? They knew this was going to happen?

Honest question cause I know nothing about it, but does FIFA have any say on how hosts treat their laborers? They knew this was going to happen?

Even giving them the most generous benefit of the doubt by saying that they may not have known in advance (and that is being generous to the point of absurdity), when the abuses began FIFA could have pulled the World Cup out of there. They clearly have that power as they've held multiple revotes and have chosen to leave it in Qatar each time.

The fact that the World Cup is still scheduled to be played in Qatar despite the massive human rights abuses is solely due to the fact that FIFA doesn't give a crap about the human rights abuses.

Last edited:
Even giving them the most generous benefit of the doubt by saying that they may not have known in advance (and that is being generous to the point of absurdity), when the abuses began FIFA could have pulled the World Cup out of there. They clearly have that power as they've held multiple revotes and have chosen to leave it in Qatar each time.

The fact that the World Cup is still scheduled to be played in Qatar despite the massive human rights abuses is sole due to the fact that FIFA doesn't give a crap about the human rights abuses.

Thanks. That answered my initial question.

This is none of our business, and history says we'll only make things worse.

1. It is our business. We are a member of FIFA, and CONCACAF in particular. There's a reason these indictments are mostly targeting CONCACAF executives.

2. There is no way to make FIFA any worse than they are. They are aiding and abetting slavery in the name of soccer. How much worse can they possibly get?

An unnamed US sportswear company is accused of paying bribes. Everyone is assuming it is Nike.

Since the accusation seems to be tied to the Brazilian federation, and Nike has had that contract for almost two decades, it's almost certainly Nike that's being mentioned.

FBI says bribes associated with 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup in US amounted to two thirds of costs of staging the tournament.

1. It is our business. We are a member of FIFA, and CONCACAF in particular. There's a reason these indictments are mostly targeting CONCACAF executives.

2. There is no way to make FIFA any worse than they are. They are aiding and abetting slavery in the name of soccer. How much worse can they possibly get?

Everything is basically corrupt, and we absolutely can make FIFA worse; perhaps Blatter, like Saddam, represents a necessary evil, a semi-viable alternative to unfettered anarchy.

A bunch of people are clamoring for them to move the WC from Qatar. Probably 18 months too late for that

VN Store

Back