UFC 187 - May 23rd @ 10PM ET

unconventional
Anthony Johnson(19-4) vs. Daniel Cormier(15-1)

Middleweight Championship
Chris Weidman(12-0) vs. Vitor Belfort(24-10)

Donald Cerrone(27-6) vs. John Makdessi(13-3)

Travis Browne(17-2-1) vs. Andrei Arlovski(23-10)

Joseph Benavidez(21-4) vs. John Moraga(16-3)

Pretty good card.

I'm going for it all tonight. Beer, steak and fights for this guy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSIaeQHV94[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8[/youtube]

Come on UFC 187

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDw-zFFhFgc[/youtube]

The fights so far have been lame. Watching other stuff to pass time til 187 starts.

Saw that. Belfort looked like he might actually knockout Weidman early. Took Weidman no time at all to bounce back and beat his ass.

Cormier's the new champ.

No reason for Jones to come back LHW. Time to go HW.

Jones needs to be a good citizen for a while, for me to be a fan again, but I'd definitely root for him over DC. He's a clown. He's tough and he's one dimensional. We found out Rumble is one dimensional and not that tough. Rumble could beat Jones, because one punch is fairly likely to make that happen, but I feel like DC vs Jones would be the same old story over again.

Jones needs to be a good citizen for a while, for me to be a fan again, but I'd definitely root for him over DC. He's a clown. He's tough and he's one dimensional. We found out Rumble is one dimensional and not that tough. Rumble could beat Jones, because one punch is fairly likely to make that happen, but I feel like DC vs Jones would be the same old story over again.

I agree with all of this except that i wouldn't root for Jones, ever.

Jones being stripped of the title set up perfectly for him to go heavyweight. If he wants to continue winning for sure, he should stay at light heavyweight. If he wants to roll the dice and see if he can win a second title in a tougher weight class, it's now or never. I think Cain would smoke him but then again, I've never seen Jones bulk up and fight at heavyweight. It's clearl given the weight difference Cain would crush him but Cain also has 35 pounds on him. There are heavyweights that have 15-25 pounds on Cain even. So, Jones could put on as much or more weight than Cain if he moved up as Cain isn't fighting as heavy as he could. Though, Jones might not want to overbulk either since Cain is his ultimate goal. Unless Dana gave him a title shot immediately(seriously doubt it), I wouldn't be surprised if Jones got knocked out before he earned a shot anyways. If he is still able to take heavyweights down after moving up, he could get to Cain. If he gets to Cain, I don't know that wrestling is going to help him because Cain is amazing too.

Can Jones be HW champ? I don't think so. It's possible, but 60 lbs is too much. It's not like he's a big LHW. Seems like he could only add about 25-30 of quality lbs. Maybe long term he could get there.

I'd like to see Bader and Cormier. They have been beefing on Twitter. Cormier has ducked him twice now (not that I blame him for accepting the Rumble fight).

VN Store

Back