The Cyclists Thread

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
Being relatively new to VN, I hope that in creating this thread I've breached no decorum. This is no pasquinade. I enjoy touring rides on road bikes and wish to virtually share with other enthusiasts, perhaps engender meeting for a ride in the future. That said, this thread is for all forms of bicycling activity.

I am UTK Class of 1979. My avatar pic is a nod to my other sporting passion, skydiving. Tendinitis has me grounded, so I've been riding my bicycle more of late. My most recent outing was BRAG's Spring Tune Up ride in Madison, GA. Though I and five companions did ~38 miles in intermittent rain on Friday, 4/17/15, the rest of the weekend was a wash out. We called the ball, packed up, and pulled out mid-morning on Saturday, 4/18/15.

Defy_Adv_3_compact_comp_wht_red_72dpiWIDE.jpg

A stock pic of my current bike, a Giant Defy Advanced 3. [It didn't come in orange. I asked.] It's been my principal ride for the past 4 years. Before that, I rode a Bianchi Cross Terrain.

I wouldn't consider myself a cyclist at this point but I hope to start riding a lot more. Bought my wife a bike last summer but she broke her toe and never rode before it got cold. Now she's recouping from a high ankle sprain. I'm dying to get out there.

between the horrible winter hurting my 1000 mile running attempt and now this torn calf, I'm definitely going to start riding my mountain bike a lot when I heal up. Also, saving up for the road bike again.

VN Store

Back