The Completely Unofficial, like not official at all, Unofficial The Open Tournament T

volfanbill

pack light and love heavy…
I know a lot don't like The (British) Open, but it ranks just ever so barely beneath The Masters in my order of favorite golf tournaments. I don't find the US Open or the PGA to be even remotely in the same ballpark. Looking forward to some fun golf and hopefully some craziness from Mother Nature and those nasty bunkers.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm looking for the official open championship thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

I cant wait. I always watch it in the middle of the night. ESPN3 is doing spotlight coverage of Tiger and Phil in addition to the regular broadcast on ESPN starting at 4am eastern. There will be some live streams too. Balls up at 1:25 am eastern. Cheers.

I cant wait. I always watch it in the middle of the night. ESPN3 is doing spotlight coverage of Tiger and Phil in addition to the regular broadcast on ESPN starting at 4am eastern. There will be some live streams too. Balls up at 1:25 am eastern. Cheers.

12:25 am est. The Open app starts coverage at 1 am est, not sure what the entails. Think the tiger channel kicks off at 4 with espn coverage & it appears they'll being doing Phil & Tiger.

12:25 am est. The Open app starts coverage at 1 am est, not sure what the entails. Think the tiger channel kicks off at 4 with espn coverage & it appears they'll being doing Phil & Tiger.

You a steely eyed golfer man, thanks.

Good recovery by Tiger after that start. Can he play like this for 4 rounds?

Rory looking really good, as is Sergio. Can they keep this up?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good recovery by Tiger after that start. Can he play like this for 4 rounds?

Rory looking really good, as is Sergio. Can they keep this up?

Rory can.

Sergio will mental midget his way out ofthe golf tournament, because Sergio.

Tiger can too.

All depends on the weather I imagine. Except Sergio, that's guaranteed.

Most of the favorites didn't get hurt too bad today. I guess Ernie might have shot himself out at +7. Will be interesting. Will Mcilroy have another funky Friday? Sergio's collar dry out? Adam Scott has been over there practicing for a long time as is looking good. How about Tom Watson shooting a cool +1?

Last edited:
Rocky start for Tiger this morning, but from everything they've shown and talked about, the first three holes have always been tough for him.

I expected to see Tiger rebound after that start. He's scrambling to avoid disaster, gotta think we might see one or two great shots before he's done today. Sergio not losing it yet at least and Rory is having a friendly stroll around the course today. The weather hopefully snaps back at the field tomorrow...

Well now we may need to see something magical from Tiger in order to see him tomorrow.

That birdie on 18 likely secures Tiger makes the cut.

I know it's only his second round back from major back surgery, but I'm going to once again ask the question I've asked for a couple of years now:

Will Tiger ever put four Major rounds together to win another major, much less break the record? It seems so doubtful now to worry about the second part.

I know it's only his second round back from major back surgery, but I'm going to once again ask the question I've asked for a couple of years now:

Will Tiger ever put four Major rounds together to win another major, much less break the record? It seems so doubtful now to worry about the second part.

I have a hard time thinking he won't win another major, but the breaking the record I'm not seeing.

Still, lots of time left for all that.

Just when it looked like tomorrow was going to be exciting, Rory continued to to dominate the back nine.

It takes away the intrigue of who's going to win, but the golfer in me loves seeing Rory just disect this course.

The only reason that I think he will is that I can vaguely remember the end of Jack Nicklaus' career when he was considered to be done about 3 times before winning another major.

The only reason that I think he will is that I can vaguely remember the end of Jack Nicklaus' career when he was considered to be done about 3 times before winning another major.

Win another Major or break the record?

VN Store

Back