World Cup 2014 Final Draw

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Friday, December 6th

Looks like 10:00 am Eastern/9:00 a.m. Central

Pot One: Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot Two: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador

Pot Three: US, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras

Pot Four: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

Essentially, each team in Pot 1 draws one team from each of the other pots to create the four team groups (8 groups).

Unfortunately, most of the teams you'd want to be drawn against are in the same pot as the good guys. There are scenarios where it turns out alright, like being drawn with Switzerland, but it's much more likely to be very very tough. A little time can be wasted till Friday playing with the scenarios World Cup 2014 Draw Simulator - ESPN FC

So we are ranked 14th in the world and possibly we are going to end up in a group with Brazil and Germany. Meanwhile Bosnia is 21st and they're possibly going to get Argentina and Australia. Sounds great. Is there a method to this that I'm not understanding.

So we are ranked 14th in the world and possibly we are going to end up in a group with Brazil and Germany. Meanwhile Bosnia is 21st and they're possibly going to get Argentina and Australia. Sounds great. Is there a method to this that I'm not understanding.

Pot 1 is the only that is determined strictly by ranking.

Pot 1 contains the top seven ranked nations, plus host Brazil. The rest are sorted geographically, to keep familiar teams from meeting up in the group stages: CAF and a pair of CONMEBOL teams in Pot 2, CONCACAF and AFC in Pot 3, and UEFA in Pot 4.

We couldn't be in a group with both Brazil and Germany because they are both in pot 1.

That said, we could end up in a group with
Switzerland, Algeria and Greece which would be great.

Worst case scenario would be Brazil, Netherlands and Italy.

I would love to see us play England again.

We couldn't be in a group with both Brazil and Germany because they are both in pot 1.

I meant Netherlands, not Germany. My bad.

I think the Netherlands are in the same pot as Italy and only 1 team from each pot is gonna be in a group. Replace one of them with Ghana or the Ivory Coast and you have our worst case I think.

I'm not sure how Switzerland has crept up into the top-8 pool, but their inclusion there and Holland and Italy being in the general European pool has the makings for a REALLY tough Group of Death this time around.

Does anyone have a link to the live draw? I have classes today and won't be near a tv.

It's on espn so you could use watchespn.

There will be one group with 2 European teams in it so something like Spain and Netherlands is a possibility. It's going to be a tense draw.

It's on espn so you could use watchespn.

There will be one group with 2 European teams in it so something like Spain and Netherlands is a possibility. It's going to be a tense draw.

I use direct tv so I can't use watch espn. :(

Possibly vipbox or thefirstrow. They show ton of sports and I could see this being available. Just watch out for the pop ups and ads.

VN Store

Back