UFC Fight Night 26 - August 17th @ 8 PM

unconventional
Mauricio Rua(21-7) vs. Chael Sonnen(27-13-1)

Alistair Overeem(36-12) vs. Travis Browne(14-1-1)

Urijah Faber(28-6) vs. Yuri Alcantara(28-4)

Matt Brown(17-11) vs. Mike Pyle(25-8-1)

Uriah Hall(7-3) vs. John Howard(20-8)

Joe Lauzon(22-8) vs. Michael Johnson(12-8)

This card actually isn't that bad. For some reason I thought it was really only Shogun and Sonnen which should be a beat down if things go accordingly. The fact that you have Overeem and Browne though is awesome. And while I'm not a Faber fan, he is a fan favorite so that's a nice draw and match up for a lot of fans. Even Lauzon is the opening fight.

The Hall-Howard fight has all the making's for a great knockout which prolly means it'll be a patty cake fight that goes to a decision...

If FOX and DirecTV don't get a deal worked out by Saturday, I'm going to be as mad as a hornet.

I'm with you, except I have Time Warner. Good free card, really wanna see Shogun and Reem beat the shizz out of sonnen and Browne

Edit: I'm an idiot, I just posted in VolintheNati's thread about TWC picking it up. Lol

Last edited:
Thank the Lord. It was cutting it close. I really got worried when they started talking about alternate programming for the SPEED channel.

Yeah I was getting worried too. I just wonder if it'll be included in the sports package, or if they'll try to get more money out of us for it.

So everyone should be getting it?

Good deal.

I didn't realize the card was as solid as it is. I really just thought it would(should) be Shogun kicking Sonnen's ass. My dad used to be big on watching the top boxing fights and I recall telling him how JDS/Cain on Fox was a huge fight as far as UFC is concerned. He used to watch some UFC too back in the day. Let's just hope the fights are a little better cause UFC didn't bring my dad back into the fold with the JDS/Cain fight. He was like... "that's it?". lol.... I'm hoping that's the case with Shogun and Sonnen though to be honest. As sure as I was that Bones would smash Chael, I'm sure Shogun will smash him too. But leading up to the fight, it's in my head that you never know. And let's face it.... Shogun isn't as big or dominant as Bones. Chael is a good wrestler while Shogun is a knockout artist. Can't knock Chael out if he has you on the ground.... could be a good fight. I hope Chael is dumb enough to stand and fight.

Yeah I was getting worried too. I just wonder if it'll be included in the sports package, or if they'll try to get more money out of us for it.

Probably won't have any affect short term. They'll get it out of us eventually, though. I'm sure we're due for a price hike next year when the SEC Network goes live, too.

Probably won't have any affect short term. They'll get it out of us eventually, though. I'm sure we're due for a price hike next year when the SEC Network goes live, too.

Probably right. I'll see a decrease due to TWC dropping Showtime, something I'm not happy about.

Have a steak thawing in the fridge. Going to tenderize and season it over night. Also, it's sweet corn season and being in Iowa mmmm. Steak and corn on the cob, can't wait for the fights.

VN Store

Back