PGA Championship 2013

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
I thought I'd start a thread just in case.

Hey did you guys know Tiger Woods is playing in the PGA Championship? Did you guys know he hasn't won a major in 5 years? ESPN.Com told me all this.

/sarcasm

You have to keep it in the short grass at Oak Hill. If you do you can score. If you don't you will not score. The greens are great - not tricked up. Hello, Phil. Hello, Tiger. Maybe they will cut the rough for the crowd favorites. lol.

I believe ESPN give about anything to see their guy Tiger a win. Doesn't matter if he is 10 back and it's Sunday, they are going to be bending over for him. Sickening.

You have to keep it in the short grass at Oak Hill. If you do you can score. If you don't you will not score. The greens are great - not tricked up. Hello, Phil. Hello, Tiger. Maybe they will cut the rough for the crowd favorites. lol.

I believe ESPN give about anything to see their guy Tiger a win. Doesn't matter if he is 10 back and it's Sunday, they are going to be bending over for him. Sickening.

Do you want some cheese?

Oak Hill is a great course and plays well for the straight hitters. You dont have to hit them long, just as long as there straight. I think they should have wqent old school and made them play with persimmons clubs. That would make for an interesting tournament.

I never get people complaining about Tiger coverage. He's probably the greatest of all time and hes currently #1 in the world. They're gonna show him on TV.

I never get people complaining about Tiger coverage. He's probably the greatest of all time and hes currently #1 in the world. They're gonna show him on TV.

I used to complain about it, but mostly because it was more annoying than anything. Seems like more and more people are starting to completely lose their **** over it, which kind of makes me not mind it as much.

Dufner just holed out from the fairway for eagle. Cracked a smile and raised his fist. For him that's like doing a cart wheel down the fairway.

I used to complain about it, but mostly because it was more annoying than anything. Seems like more and more people are starting to completely lose their **** over it, which kind of makes me not mind it as much.

It's more annoying to me but it's a no brainer why they make him the #1 priority.

Having said that, it's annoying when they keep him at the top of their coverage after it's clear he's not going to win.

It's more annoying to me but it's a no brainer why they make him the #1 priority.

Having said that, it's annoying when they keep him at the top of their coverage after it's clear he's not going to win.

I do agree with that. But on the first 3 days, it's no wonder they show every move he makes.

Yea, showing Tiger is crazy right? I mean, it's not like when he's in contention on the weekend that the ratings seemingly blow up or anything...

I'm sure you two love ole Phil Mick though who gets pretty much the same coverage.

My reference is to the long rough this week and Tiger typically being loose off the tee. And yes I enjoy watching Phil play too, he's like a box of chocolates...

I'm sure you two love ole Phil Mick though who gets pretty much the same coverage.

Phil doesn't get 1/2 the coverage Tiger does. Quit kidding yourself. And for the record, there are numerous players I'd cheer on over Lefty.

Yea, showing Tiger is crazy right? I mean, it's not like when he's in contention on the weekend that the ratings seemingly blow up or anything...

as seems to be the norm with you lately (which is discomforting), you once again totally missed the point. It's not when Tiger is in contention, it's when Tiger is 7 strokes back without a prayer of contending.

as seems to be the norm with you lately (which is discomforting), you once again totally missed the point. It's not when Tiger is in contention, it's when Tiger is 7 strokes back without a prayer of contending.

I wasn't really referring to you but just the Tiger hate in general. They show him because people want to watch him regardless, plain and simple. You've certainly got to understand that shots take 5-10 seconds total so the networks need to fill time somehow right? They show others out of contention as well but it's clearly not as big of a deal to the Tiger haters. (Again, not really referring to you.)

I didn't miss your point one bit.

My reference is to the long rough this week and Tiger typically being loose off the tee. And yes I enjoy watching Phil play too, he's like a box of chocolates...

I like watching both. They both get coverage no matter what although considerably less when not in contention. Phil hasn't & hardly every does stripe it down the middle. He's spraying irons & everything else at the moment. If you're gonna hate on one may as well hate on the other.

I like watching both. They both get coverage no matter what although considerably less when not in contention. Phil hasn't & hardly every does stripe it down the middle. He's spraying irons & everything else at the moment. If you're gonna hate on one may as well hate on the other.

Not hating on either. Just commenting on a quote about Tiger. And yes, neither one are in the garden very often.

Phil doesn't get 1/2 the coverage Tiger does. Quit kidding yourself. And for the record, there are numerous players I'd cheer on over Lefty.

Phil gets a ton of coverage as well. Tiger has transcended the sport. Everybody knows tiger and he is exciting to watch.

VN Store

Back