Bellator MMA.

I forgot about it earlier, but I turned it over before the Shlemenko-Falcao title fight. Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the 1st Round and missed the 2nd Round stoppage.

I was a wrestler back in the day. Both your boys wrestle? Still ticked about the olympics trying to get rid of it.

I was a wrestler back in the day. Both your boys wrestle? Still ticked about the olympics trying to get rid of it.

Yup. Both wrestlers.
The Olympics trying to end wrestling is just dumb. Next they will do away with track and field.

If you didn't watch tonight you missed a hell of a card, 2nd round was the longest any fight went. Some real good KO's.

Some good fights last night. For the most part it seemed as if in most fights the people who lost had no business being in the octagon.

Some big gaps between a couple who won vs those who lost. It was entertaining tv on a Thursday night.

I was slightly annoyed by their color analyst sound way too similiar to Joe Rogan.

I watched a little bit of it. I'm pretty ignorant of the sport in general, but I was shocked at the glass chins I see on these guys. Some are knocked out cold by a glancing punch or kick.

I watched a little bit of it. I'm pretty ignorant of the sport in general, but I was shocked at the glass chins I see on these guys. Some are knocked out cold by a glancing punch or kick.

Have you ever trained or been hit?

Yup. Both wrestlers.
The Olympics trying to end wrestling is just dumb. Next they will do away with track and field.

From a former wrestler, I'm disgusted by the IOCs decision. It's the oldest most legit Olympic competition in existence. The training alone laps the field on most any sport that is being played in the games. I don't even want to hear about the lack of viewership argument. That's all on NBC and their lack of promotion and putting the event on at 4:00 in the morning on one of its affiliated stations that doesn't come with most cable packages. I searched all over to watch wrestling during the games and had to watch it piece mail on YouTube after knowing the results for many of the matches. Can't understand why badminton or ping pong(which I enjoyed while guzzling beers in college) is even an event in a competition that's original purpose was determine which country housed the best athletes in the world.

From a former wrestler, I'm disgusted by the IOCs decision. It's the oldest most legit Olympic competition in existence. The training alone laps the field on most any sport that is being played in the games. I don't even want to hear about the lack of viewership argument. That's all on NBC and their lack of promotion and putting the event on at 4:00 in the morning on one of its affiliated stations that doesn't come with most cable packages. I searched all over to watch wrestling during the games and had to watch it piece mail on YouTube after knowing the results for many of the matches. Can't understand why badminton or ping pong(which I enjoyed while guzzling beers in college) is even an event in a competition that's original purpose was determine which country housed the best athletes in the world.

I agree. One of the things that angers me is how rooted the sport is in some of the smaller eastern European countries which only have wrestling. Kids are kept from gowing up in horrible situations for the rest of their lives by living in the gym in hopes of representing their nation in the olympics. Wrestling should be televised over many of the sports no doubt.

VN Store

Back