3422 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Lance Armstrong. The Cheat. Page 3. within the forum Sports Forum. Originally Posted by Johnny_Majors i've wondered if one of the reasons he developed cancer so young, was partially due to ...

Go Back   VolNation > Sports Forums > Sports Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Still on the Lane Train
 
Toujours Pret's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,577
Likes: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Majors View Post
i've wondered if one of the reasons he developed cancer so young, was partially due to the performance ehancing substances he had been taking.
I think ball cancer generally affects younger men, but could be wrong.
Toujours Pret is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
UTK '93, '08
 
Vercingetorix's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 25,768
Likes: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours Pret View Post
I think ball cancer generally affects younger men, but could be wrong.
Yep. Vast majority of cases are men in their 20s.
Vercingetorix is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Internets Expert
 
Velo Vol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,240
Likes: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
It's bike riding, not a real sport.
Correct, though you probably couldn't hang for 3 miles in a 100-mile stage.
__________________
Velo Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
I hate Kentucky
 
VolsSportsFan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,469
Likes: 6,045
If he hadn't been denying it for years, his camp trashing anyone who dared questioned him, and now admitting it on Oprah after he has little choice but to admit it, maybe I'd feel bad for him.
VolsSportsFan is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Internets Expert
 
Velo Vol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,240
Likes: 1,967
Who amongst us hasn't been sorry to have gotten caught?
__________________
Velo Vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
Drapetomaniac
 
ToineMac's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Union City, TN
Posts: 1,504
Likes: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
Who amongst us hasn't been sorry to have gotten caught?
Exactly. He got caught and now will pretend to be contrite. Frankly I couldn't care less.
__________________
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing,......until all the stupid people want to be heard.
ToineMac is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
UTK '93, '08
 
Vercingetorix's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 25,768
Likes: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
If he hadn't been denying it for years, his camp trashing anyone who dared questioned him, and now admitting it on Oprah after he has little choice but to admit it, maybe I'd feel bad for him.
Greg LeMond used to have his own brand of bicycles. He questioned Armstrong. The sponsors destroyed LeMond's brand. It isn't just Armstrong's doping, it's the big train of carnage Armstrong left in his wake while denying the doping.
Vercingetorix is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
Drapetomaniac
 
ToineMac's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Union City, TN
Posts: 1,504
Likes: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Greg LeMond used to have his own brand of bicycles. He questioned Armstrong. The sponsors destroyed LeMond's brand. It isn't just Armstrong's doping, it's the big train of carnage Armstrong left in his wake while denying the doping.
Damn. Didn't realize this was happening. Now I'm starting to not like Armstrong.
__________________
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing,......until all the stupid people want to be heard.
ToineMac is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Matthew 6:2
 
doozer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 13,867
Likes: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
"Everyone was doing it," you shrug, minimizing what Armstrong was doing. But it was Armstrong himself who turned cycling into a sport where doping was universal and practically institutionalized. You don't get the disconnect there?



Armstrong was still competing in cycling races. How is compiling evidence against an active competitor a "witch hunt"?
No, I don't. Like I said, if they introduced the concept of cheating into the sport, then I would care. Since there were cheaters before him and after him, placing the whole mess that cycling became solely on him or his team is crazy.

I'm not denying the fact the guy was a grade A *******, because he absolutely was. In fact, that's the reason every body is out to get him and him alone, while completely ignoring the fact he was far from the only one cheating.

You don't have to like him. I don't either. But don't sit there and tell me everything is his fault.
doozer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Fate Loves The Fearless
 
tri_vol's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Woods
Posts: 21,731
Likes: 1,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer View Post
No, I don't. Like I said, if they introduced the concept of cheating into the sport, then I would care. Since there were cheaters before him and after him, placing the whole mess that cycling became solely on him or his team is crazy.

I'm not denying the fact the guy was a grade A *******, because he absolutely was. In fact, that's the reason every body is out to get him and him alone, while completely ignoring the fact he was far from the only one cheating.

You don't have to like him. I don't either. But don't sit there and tell me everything is his fault.
this. Blaming Lance is like blaming Bonds or McGuire for baseballs issues. Lance is many terrible things but he's not the cause for doping in cycling.
tri_vol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #41 (permalink)
Diaper Dandy
 
Weezy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,010
Likes: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Greg LeMond used to have his own brand of bicycles. He questioned Armstrong. The sponsors destroyed LeMond's brand. It isn't just Armstrong's doping, it's the big train of carnage Armstrong left in his wake while denying the doping.
I think Wetzel put out a pretty good article on why you should dislike Armstrong for his bullying, not necessarily the cheating and lying.

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports
Weezy is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Still on the Lane Train
 
Toujours Pret's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8,577
Likes: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
I think Wetzel put out a pretty good article on why you should dislike Armstrong for his bullying, not necessarily the cheating and lying.

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports
Good piece.
Toujours Pret is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
BRB Pooping
 
VOLatile's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 12,998
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer View Post
There weren't any.
Don't be stupid, there were still plenty of riders that raced clean. Given a true, doper-free playing field they could have competed on the same levels and won the same races.

Women's cycling has taken a massive hit from the doping scandals on the men's side. That's not fair to the women, that sponsors drop out because they don't want to be associated with a sport that has a black mark. There is very little doping in the women's peloton compared to the men's.
VOLatile is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pura Vida
 
slh1089's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Tropics
Posts: 4,405
Likes: 455
Despite his cheating lying and bullying, I'll take what he did for cancer awareness and research.
slh1089 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Vegas_Ferguson's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South of Heaven, West of Hell
Posts: 509
Likes: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
I think Wetzel put out a pretty good article on why you should dislike Armstrong for his bullying, not necessarily the cheating and lying.

Lance Armstrong's doping admission: Questions Oprah should have asked - Yahoo! Sports
Strong piece and doubtful Oprah will ask any of these questions. Zero interest in cycling but watching the spectacular fall from grace by this sociopathic douche is hilarious.

A cheat, a fraud, a bully, and a liar who now seems ready to become a snitch. Way to rehab that rep Lancey!

Last edited by Vegas_Ferguson; 01-16-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Vegas_Ferguson is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27