UFC 155 - December 29th @ 10PM ET

unconventional
Heavyweight Championship
Junior dos Santos(15-1) vs. Cain Velasquez(10-1)

Joe Lauzon(22-7) vs. Jim Miller(21-4)

Tim Boetsch(16-4) vs. Costa Philippou(11-2)

Yushin Okami(27-7) vs. Alan Belcher(18-6)

Chris Leben(22-8) vs. Derek Brunson(9-2)

Reactions: 1 person
LMelvin Guillard/Jamie Varner and Todd Duff/Phil De Fries are the fights that stick out to me on the preliminary card. Should be good fights.

I don't like to do predictions but I suppose I will...

JDS by ko/tko

Jim Miller by submission

Tim Boetsch by decision

Blecher by ko/tko

Leben by ko/tko

Leben fights are always awesome. I kind of like Okami so I wouldn't mind being wrong with that pick. I don't care for Lauzon so I hope my pick is correct. And I like both JDS and Cain so I'm okay with picking that fight incorrectly. JDS clearly has the better resume but I think some people may be underestimating Cain. JDS didn't really have to do anything in the first fight and Cain definitely has the power to take JDS out. I just hope the fight goes longer than the last, not that it's likely to get out of the 1st round even if it does so it would probably only be a minute longer.

All in all, I like this card. If there was one fight I'm not that excited for it's the Boetsch fight. Watch that end up being the third best fight. I don't see any way it's better than the main event and I doubt it'll be better than a Leben fight.

Last edited:
Heavyweight Championship

Been looking forward to the Cain vs dos Santos rematch for the last year. Cain is in my list of top 3 favorite fighters and I can't stand Santos.

Been looking forward to the Cain vs dos Santos rematch for the last year. Cain is in my list of top 3 favorite fighters and I can't stand Santos.

Why the Dos dislike. Too goody two shoes?

This will be a good fight. I don't care who wins but I think Dos wins again. Cain needs to avoid the power of Dos and get an early take down.
The longer the fight goes the better for Cain.

Heavyweight Championship

Im going.

JDS by tko 2nd round

Miller by decision

Boetsch by decision

Belcher by decision

Leben by ko 3rd round

I was excited about Guillard vs Varner on the last card, and still am. Should be exciting, Guillard is explosive as hell. Todd Duffees return will be interesting, last time I saw him Overeem was beating him down. Of course Reem beats lots of guys down.

Why the Dos dislike. Too goody two shoes?

This will be a good fight. I don't care who wins but I think Dos wins again. Cain needs to avoid the power of Dos and get an early take down.
The longer the fight goes the better for Cain.

It's really the classic, striker vs wrestler match up. Cain should stand with JDS for about 2 seconds and shoot. JDS has some of the best boxing in all of MMA, and has pretty good take down defense. Then again he hasn't faced a wrestler like Cain. I agree the longer the fight goes the better for Cain, he never gets tired. I just hope it's better than the last fight.

It's really the classic, striker vs wrestler match up. Cain should stand with JDS for about 2 seconds and shoot. JDS has some of the best boxing in all of MMA, and has pretty good take down defense. Then again he hasn't faced a wrestler like Cain. I agree the longer the fight goes the better for Cain, he never gets tired. I just hope it's better than the last fight.
Yup. That one punch power can ruin a good fight.

Heavyweight Championship

I told myself I wouldnt make picks this time since I did so bad on the last two but it's too much fun. I got: Cain, Costa, Belcher, Leben.

I told myself I wouldnt make picks this time since I did so bad on the last two but it's too much fun. I got: Cain, Costa, Belcher, Leben.

Did you leave out Lauzon vs Miller so you didn't 100% lie to yourself? Lol I kid man. :) Btw I have picked horribly the last 2 cards, I'm going 5 for 5 this time. Book it! Lol

Did you leave out Lauzon vs Miller so you didn't 100% lie to yourself? Lol I kid man. :) Btw I have picked horribly the last 2 cards, I'm going 5 for 5 this time. Book it! Lol

Hahaha good catch. I got Lauzon. I was really looking forward to Davis vs Griffin as the co main on this card.

Tonight will be a good me night. I always enjoy when the big boys come out to play. That sounds kinda gay... haha.

Buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks and my choice of beer, vodka with orange juice/cranberry juice or RumChata.

Someone gave me the RumChata for Christmas. I've had it before, it's kind of girly but it's good. Has a thick milky/creamy texture and taste kind of like a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. Glad someone else bought it for me because it's not something I'd buy regularly for myself. It's only 25 bucks but the small amount and low alcohol content makes it a little expensive imo. 750ml and 13.75alc is equivalent to two beers worth of liquid and a six pack worth of alcohol. I'd rather just buy 2-3 good six packs of beer for the same price personally. I'll enjoy it tonight though and just get those six packs for new years. Think the RumChata will go nicely with the wings just like the wings will go nicely with the fights :). 3 hours!

Tonight will be a good me night. I always enjoy when the big boys come out to play. That sounds kinda gay... haha.

Buffalo wings, mozzarella sticks and my choice of beer, vodka with orange juice/cranberry juice or RumChata.

Someone gave me the RumChata for Christmas. I've had it before, it's kind of girly but it's good. Has a thick milky/creamy texture and taste kind of like a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. Glad someone else bought it for me because it's not something I'd buy regularly for myself. It's only 25 bucks but the small amount and low alcohol content makes it a little expensive imo. 750ml and 13.75alc is equivalent to two beers worth of liquid and a six pack worth of alcohol. I'd rather just buy 2-3 good six packs of beer for the same price personally. I'll enjoy it tonight though and just get those six packs for new years. Think the RumChata will go nicely with the wings just like the wings will go nicely with the fights :). 3 hours!

You like the big boys and are drinking a thick milky/creamy textured girly drink.....um anything you need to tell us? Lol

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sorry man, I'm raising my beer in hopes that JDS and Cain wear banana hammocks for you tonight. :)

Serious note I'm with you on the excitement for the fights, should be a great card.

Oh gaaawww, please no lol

Yes it should. I need to finish what I'm watching and get the prelims turned on since there was a couple fights I wanted to see.

VN Store

Back