UFC on Fox - December 8th @ 8PM ET

unconventional
Lightweight Championship
Benson Henderson(17-2) vs. Nate Diaz(16-7)

Maurício Rua(21-6) vs. Alexander Gustafsson(14-1)

B.J. Penn(16-8-2) vs. Rory MacDonald(13-1)

Mike Swick(15-4) vs. Matt Brown(15-11)

Reactions: 1 person
Will be pulling for Shogun and Bendo.

The Diaz brother seem like good sports following their fights but they always seem like the biggest jerks leading up to them. And for that, I always pull against them.

Brendan Schuab and Lavar Johnson are fighting on the preliminary card. I'll have to remember to catch it online. They've fought 34 fights combined and only one of them required judges. 26 knockouts, 7 submissions and 1 decision.

A friend and I were suppose to go to this fight. His favorite fighter is Shotgun and mine is BJ Penn. Sadly the working world didn't grant its permission. I can't wait for these fights. The whole card is staked.

I got:
Henderson
Rua
Penn
Brown
Schaub

Lightweight Championship

This is the card I've been waiting for! Great fights top to bottom. Gotta redeem myself on my predictions on the last card. Lol

Diaz over Ben by sub. Yeah I know Ben is near impossible to submit. I saw an interview where he said he doesn't control himself well if he is getting trash talked. Well nobody talks like a Diaz boy, get Ben to over commit and locks in a RNC.

Gustaffson by ko 3rd round. Should be a war, and I really like shogun. I just think the up and comer is too much at this stage in his career. Should be a number 1 contender match, not that those matter with Dana.

Penn by ko round 2! After watching the weigh ins, I see a focused BJ. Rory talking to BJ, bad idea my friend. I remember Kenny Florian tried that, it didn't end well. BJ comes out and just outclasses Rory on the feet. Then wins via RNC. Maybe a heart over head pick, but I gotta feeling.

Swick by tko 2nd round could be the most entertaining fight in a stacked card. Swick is a finisher and always fun to watch. Really hoping he gets back to where he was pre illness. Brown is solid in all areas and extremely durable, will be a great test for Swick

Lavar by ko 2nd round. Schaub is the more technical striker with decent power. Lavar has ok technic but hits like a truck. I think he makes it a brawl, and that's not what Schaub needs to do in this fight. I think Lavar catches him with a bomb.

Last edited:

The Diaz brother seem like good sports following their fights but they always seem like the biggest jerks leading up to them. And for that, I always pull against them.

Brendan Schuab and Lavar Johnson are fighting on the preliminary card. I'll have to remember to catch it online. They've fought 34 fights combined and only one of them required judges. 26 knockouts, 7 submissions and 1 decision.

The Diaz are odd guys, besides BJ they have trash talked every opponent as far as I recall. And as much as they talk during the fight, they are generally respectful after. KJ Noons and Mayhem not withstanding of course. Lol They don't bother me really, I trash talked everyone during basketball, but let it go right after the game. So I get why they do it, it always pumped me up when someone talked back to me.

Schaub and Lavar should be a really good fight. Just an fyi though, the Prelims are on FX at 5. I already have it set to record. :)

A friend and I were suppose to go to this fight. His favorite fighter is Shotgun and mine is BJ Penn. Sadly the working world didn't grant its permission. I can't wait for these fights. The whole card is staked.

I got:
Henderson
Rua
Penn
Brown
Schaub

Penn is and always will be my favorite fighter, so entertaining. Well will he gases in the 3rd round. Lol

Interesting, we picked opposite on every fight. Bodes well for you, I went 1-4 last card. :)

Penn is and always will be my favorite fighter, so entertaining. Well will he gases in the 3rd round. Lol

Interesting, we picked opposite on every fight. Bodes well for you, I went 1-4 last card. :)

I picked 3 of 5 winners correctly. Got the first two wrong. The card before that I got them all right and that card before that, I think I was like you and got 1-4 or something like that lol.

I'm sure it's the same for most people but the bigger names are easier for me to pick. Some of the lesser known guys that are newer to UFC, I just pick based off their opponents that I recognize and how they win/lose their fights. If someone has fought twice in the UFC and has a record of 14-3 or something like that, there is a good chance I'll pick against them if I haven't seen much of them and they're fighting someone that's fought closer to 10 times in the UFC even if that guy was 5-5 in the UFC. You usually know who the good fighters are out of UFC so if they come in with a good record but haven't heard much about them, I'll take an average UFC fighter who has fought the best.

Lightweight Championship

Ben Henderson by decison over Diaz

Rua over Gustafsson by (T)KO

MacDonald by decision over Penn

Swick over Brown by (T)KO

Love Diaz....I'd love to see him win a championship...he's just so funny cause he doesn't look like much physically. Most hate him, which makes me like him more.

Prelims will be aired on FX.

Love Diaz....I'd love to see him win a championship...he's just so funny cause he doesn't look like much physically. Most hate him, which makes me like him more.

We have this in common. I like his brashness, I always ran my mouth in sports. Plus I'm always a fan of "the villain"

Mostly I'm just a fan of his fighting style...dude is the comeback king. So intelligent. He'll spend the first 3 minutes of nearly every fight getting outclassed because he can't handle the opponent physically...then they tire, or they make a mistake and he completely exploits them.

There is no way I can do any worse on predictions than the last fight lol. I got into MMA because I saw BJ fight on a DVD at a friends house. I was like "HOLY $^&# THIS GUY'S INSANE!!! I didn't even know a person could embarrass another fighter like that!!" From everything I've heard BJ took a lot of offense from Rory's remarks and is training very intensely.

There is no way I can do any worse on predictions than the last fight lol. I got into MMA because I saw BJ fight on a DVD at a friends house. I was like "HOLY $^&# THIS GUY'S INSANE!!! I didn't even know a person could embarrass another fighter like that!!" From everything I've heard BJ took a lot of offense from Rory's remarks and is training very intensely.

I first saw him against Caol Uno, have been a huge fan ever since. The Joe "daddy" Stevenson and the Sean Shrek fights are Penn at his best. If you haven't seen them, watch them. I hope he is, a focused BJ is scary good. Like I said before, if he trained hard all the time he'd be the greatest. Imo His boxing is great with a ton of power, world class bjj, a killer instinct that's vicious. The only thing that stops him is his cardio.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back