Originally Posted by DyronNix
Post Wimbledon wrap up, as if you care.
(1) Honestly, an improbable get for Federer. This sort of makes up for the 2009 U.S. Open title he let slip away with all due respect to the thrashing Delpo eventually delivered in set 5. Unbelievable accomplishment in itself, but to also regain the Number 1 world ranking and break another Sampras record: Improbable.
(2) Concerned about Djokovic's level. He says he was sick for the SF. Maybe. I think he might be getting frustrated that he can't find his 2011 level as easily. He is fully capable of psyching himself out.
(3) Not concerned about Nadal's 2nd round loss. He got steam rolled. It happens. Although as Memphis points out, he did claim knee tendinitis after that match.
(4) Murray is less hated today than he was by tennis fans Sunday morning. He is known to go away after a slam loss in a final. However, he should take a lot of positives away from yesterday. He should be a slam champion by this time next year.
(4) Finally, Volnation semi-volleyed a drop shot over the net and obliterated the previous tennis slam post count high mark in this thread. Always we try our best, no?
We succeeded this time. Yes, we did.