Titans Jake Locker to wear Vince Youngs #10

Is this a surprise to anyone? Seems like, a first round QB pick, getting his college number was a given

How many fans will wear their VY jerseys next year and write Locker on tape and cover up Young on the back?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How many fans will wear their VY jerseys next year and write Locker on tape and cover up Young on the back?

Yeah I am one of those suckers that bought a VY jersey. Good idea on recycling it, I was just gonna donate it to Goodwill or something. Maybe Locker can make us proud.

This just in...Jake Locker to suck just as Vince Young did.

This will be one of those infamously awful picks that you see on an NFL Network show 5 years from now.

I will eat crow if he does otherwise and I'm rooting for him, seems like a stand-up guy.

Never seen anything special in college, hard to believe he will be anything special in the NFL.

This will be one of those infamously awful picks that you see on an NFL Network show 5 years from now.

I will eat crow if he does otherwise and I'm rooting for him, seems like a stand-up guy.
This just in. Nobody cares.
Never seen anything special in college, hard to believe he will be anything special in the NFL.

If Locker busts, he won't look like a spoiled brat doing it.

I believe the entire 1st round of QBs from this draft will be looking like "infamously awful picks".

Ponder will get pushed into starting entirely too fast, Garrard will get shown the door and Gabbert will suck, Newton will fail and Locker will not do anything special.

If Locker busts, he won't look like a spoiled brat doing it.

I believe the entire 1st round of QBs from this draft will be looking like "infamously awful picks".

Ponder will get pushed into starting entirely too fast, Garrard will get shown the door and Gabbert will suck, Newton will fail and Locker will not do anything special.

It may sound weird, but I think Ponder has the best chance of not being a bust because he'll have the best supporting cast around him. I don't think he'll be anything great, but he'll be alright.

Not to mention, expectations will be lower for him than others because everyone expects him to fall on his face.

I also seriously doubt Locker has the stuff to cut it in the NFL, but it's infinitely apparent that he has a good head on his shoulders and VY doesn't. It won't be the same kind of bust, and he may at least have a shot to stick around the League as a journeyman.

The Locker pick doesn't seem too popular with the fans. Reminds me of the Chris Johnson pick a few years ago. IIRC, during the 2008 draft the fans gave the Titans an F for the CJ pick.

:fail:

It may sound weird, but I think Ponder has the best chance of not being a bust because he'll have the best supporting cast around him. I don't think he'll be anything great, but he'll be alright.

Not to mention, expectations will be lower for him than others because everyone expects him to fall on his face.

I like Ponder but if he's rushed into starting then he's screwed.

He does have Harvin and Peterson but Minnesota's OL is getting old.

Not a chance in hell.

There is always a chance that he is worse.

As bad as Young was at times, he had a pretty good record as a starter, I highly doubt that Locker will be able to match that record.

Like you stated earlier, it won't be the same kind of bust for Locker, he seems to be a really good kid and a hard worker, so it won't be an effort failure with him.

Accuracy is probably going to be his biggest problem, wasn't an accurate QB in the Pac-10, gotta have doubts he will fix that in the NFL.

VN Store

Back