2496 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Boxing thread Page 11. within the forum Sports Forum. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #151
 milohimself 
RIP CITY

Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
We all know how fickle these deals are.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #152
Co. Aytch
Southern Leaguer

Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
We sure do. Wonder what the split will be? Bet it is very favorable to Manny.

Milo, you are right about Floyd. He is such a mess, who knows if it ever happens. He has some other things to worry about I guess.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #153
 milohimself 
RIP CITY

Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
I have a good friend at PSU that is back home in Vegas. She lives three houses down from Floyd, I'll ask her if she's noticed anything more unusual than normal.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #154
NochNoch
The Albies and Acuna Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLnVEGAS View Post
Milo, you are right about Floyd. He is such a mess, who knows if it ever happens. He has some other things to worry about I guess.
And it just keeps getting worse for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milohimself View Post
I have a good friend at PSU that is back home in Vegas. She lives three houses down from Floyd, I'll ask her if she's noticed anything more unusual than normal.
I hope she treats the neighborhood security guards better than he does.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #155
JTrainDavis

Mosley. Yawn.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #156
NochNoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrainDavis View Post
Very old Mosley. Yawn.
Just to make it worse.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #157
Co. Aytch
Southern Leaguer

Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
Is there not any exciting boxers out there for Manny to face??

Mosley was not who I was expecting.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #158
NochNoch

Quote:
Is there not any exciting boxers out there for Manny to face??
Sure, but none of them will sell a ticket and, more specifically, a PPV like Mosley's name will. Marquez could've been in the same ballpark because of the Mexican audience but I still don't think it would've resonated as well as Mosley will. Berto makes the most sense from a fight perspective but his name carries no weight yet. The other name you'll hear (looking at you JTrain) is Martinez which is definitely interesting but I think that might finally be where Manny might bite off more than he can chew, weight wise.

But I'm pretty sure that Manny is completely hands off in the selection of his opposition, he leaves that up to Top Rank and, to a certain extent, Roach.

By contrast, Freddie wanted no part of putting Amir Khan in with Maidana 2 weeks ago but Khan apparently didn't like hearing the glass jaw criticism so he pushed for the puncher everybody wanted him to fight. He won and answered his critics, barely. Manny won't do that, I don't think it has anything to do with concern on his part, he just doesn't care. I think FMJ was the only one who really got him worked up as a guy he really wanted to fight, but that still would have been everybody's ideal because it would have been the biggest payday out there also, which is all that matters in the end.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #159
 milohimself 
RIP CITY

I heard Mosley was their third choice. Makes sense on the financial side I guess. The fight will suck but it'll sell ppv decently based on name brand.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #160
Co. Aytch
Southern Leaguer

Mayweather obviously the first choice, was Marquez second?

Wonder what the estimated payday is?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #161
JTrainDavis

Quote:
Mayweather obviously the first choice, was Marquez second?

Wonder what the estimated payday is?
I don't know if Manny can shrink enough to fight JMM at a fair weight. Im upset that they didn't get another one together, I think JMM got him last time out.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #162
NochNoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrainDavis View Post
I don't know if Manny can shrink enough to fight JMM at a fair weight. Im upset that they didn't get another one together, I think JMM got him last time out.
Don't think Manny would have to, JMM would chase him up to whatever catchweight Pac's side set on. Then we'd get an old, slow, bloated Marquez again, worse than the Floyd version.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #163
JTrainDavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NochNoch View Post
Don't think Manny would have to, JMM would chase him up to whatever catchweight Pac's side set on. Then we'd get an old, slow, bloated Marquez again, worse than the Floyd version.
That's what I was getting at.

The Marquez brothers were mismanaged out of so much money when they were coming up, that they haven't had the paydays you'd expect them to have until this point. JMM moving up to fight Pacquiao, especially after the Floyd debacle, would be nothing else than a final payday, as that fight could have career ending implications.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #164
 milohimself 
RIP CITY

Especially if they let the fight drag on like they did with Margarito.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #165
8721cmd

Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread Official Boxing thread
Why are people still posting in this thread?
Reply With Quote TOP